ITunes help for an Itunes dummy:(

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by frimleygreener, Aug 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frimleygreener

frimleygreener "It 'a'int why...it just is" Thread Starter

Can anyone tell me how to delete in one fell swoop all the tunes on my ipod touch?I have figured out how to drag and drop,autofill songs from the library to the player...but do I really have to delete each of the thousands of songs one by one from the player to start from scratch? Thank you in advance for any help...I am convinced(as usual) that I must be missing something that is blindingly obvious to the teenage (or sub teenage even) user,but I am old:)

2. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

If you are using the Manually manage music [and videos] setting, select iPod in the iTunes sidebar, under DEVICES. Click the toggle (small triangle) to the left of the iPod, to drop down the iPod's content list indented under the iPod. Click on Music there.

The list of songs on the iPod is shown to the right. Select the song you want to remove on that list, and press Delete on keyboard. You can do this for one song, a selection of songs, or the entire list (Select All).

NOTE: If the iTunes sidebar is hidden, from the menu bar, under View, select Show Sidebar.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
    Rolltide, hogger_reborn and SamS like this.
  3. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

There are some excellent tutorials over at the ilounge website that will assist you with this issue and many others.

4. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

iTunes turns all of us into dummies, kid....

Assuming you can connect the iPod Touch via USB to a computer running iTunes, it should be extremely easy to select all the content and delete it after making sure the Manage Music Library Manually option is checked.

5. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

You can also delete all your music within the iPod's Settings app.
    Settings --> General --> Usage --> Music --> Edit -->

6. gregr

gregr Forum Resident

7. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

Another stupid question

I'm uploading the album Billy Idol, then making a cd. It keeps putting a gap between It's So Cruel and Congo Man. I know I can set it to gapless play for the whole album, however, I don't like doing this. Can I merge these two files or set it to gapless play between the two?

8. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

When you burn a CD, there will be an option to make it gapless.

9. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I believe you need to do that during the upload stage if you only want two tracks gapless and not the whole album.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.