J. J. Abrams HBO Westworld series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by soundboy, Aug 30, 2013.

1. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Is that from Knightriders ? Man, it's been years since I've seen that movie!

2. mindblanking

mindblanking The Bourbon King

agree

chacha likes this.
  3. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Disagree. 30 years is a long time to change into someone else with a completely different attitude and way a person carries himself. I'm certainly not the kid I was at 20 - actions, attitude, perceptions, maturity, etc. I think it was completely plausible that Simpson's William could transform into Harris's William. Then again, it's my opinion and, on top of that, I'm kind of tired of debating the subject. I think, for the most part, the majority of the fans of this show didn't have that big of a problem with it.

4. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Exactly. And that was by design. If he'd started transforming into TMIB too early there would have been no surprise reveal.

Deesky, GodShifter and Encuentro like this.
  5. Chris from Chicago

When Ford had Bernard kill Theresa in the secret cellar, it looked like he was creating a new host. I'd wondered if it could maybe be a new host Theresa replacement. But is there any chance he could have built a host Ford? Having the host get shot by Dolores and therefore allowing real Ford to live on and rule the park?

6. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

That's a theory my friend and I pondered on. It's certainly possible but after the massacre of investors at the end, how can Ford ever show his face again? Does he become like the Phantom of the Paradise and lurk in the shadows?

7. Chris from Chicago

Yeah...valid question. I hadn't considered what would happen had he lived.

GodShifter likes this.
  8. It certainly was not a new Theresa, as they announced to the staff that she died in a accident.

I have mentioned previously in the thread your theory about the host under construction being a new Ford, and think it is somewhat plausible. Several online articles about WW also throw it out there.

We will know in 18 months, give or take. :)

Having said that, supposedly AH has not signed on for season two as yet, but that certainly could change.

9. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Perhaps they're keeping his signing under wraps to throw off viewers. If they announced his signing for season 2, it would be a bit of a spoiler.

10. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

Absolutely. William could have been in an oil rig explosion ruining his face and had to be flown off to Indonesia for surgery but the plastic surgeons didn't know what he looked like.

11. Well I watched it Wednesday

12. mindblanking

mindblanking The Bourbon King

I didn't know it was a debate. I was just agreeing with the post.

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Apparently, there were a few moments where the cast had a lot of fun on set...

profholt82, Ed Hughes, SJP and 2 others like this.
  14. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

im not going to debate you, jerry :unhunh:

15. Eventually they find the cast of LOST who we learn are Hosts for LostLand.

Lonson likes this.
  16. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

If so, the LostLand hosts are found in a meat locker, retired due to illogical programming.

Mazzy likes this.
  17. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Or buried in a VW microbus.

Mazzy likes this.
  18. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

im pretty sure Bob dreamt the whole thing

19. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

You're lucky. I'm exactly the same person that I was at 20, thirty years later. Probably the same as when I was 13. I was talking to an old friend the other day, who I've known for 35 years and he scoffed "You haven't changed one bit." I agree. Except for being balder.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    profholt82 likes this.
  20. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I still haven't watched the last two episodes. My friend said they make up for the couple episodes before that. It's just not a high viewing priority. Although "The Neon Demon" and "The Sea of Trees" which I wanted to watch turned out to SUCK.

21. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

22. Jomay

Jomay Forum Resident

I loved the original and have been following the making of this show for a number of years now. Very glad they were able to get it made in the end.

23. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Man, Evan Rachel Rocks. Thanks for that.
    :love:

BGLeduc likes this.
  24. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Yeah, but it all seemed rehearsed, manufactured (pre-programmed?).

BGLeduc likes this.
  25. Perhaps the word you are looking for is "loop"? :)