Jack White recording new album in NYC & LA; "Boarding House Reach" (03/23/2018)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fourfeathers, Jul 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VatiBobo

VatiBobo A Scotsman in Canada

I'm going to see him in Toronto on Saturday. Very excited as it will be my first time seeing him live - not quite sure how I've managed to go this long without getting to see him. I like the new album, too. I got a free CD with my ticket and last week got a sealed copy of the Vault release at the original price (I'd opted out at the time as I couldn't justify the cost then). It's definitely a bit weird in some bits, but I can hear how it's a progression from the two solo albums which preceded it. I especially like the funky vibe that's been added to this one.

I think this album is a good one to shake things up a bit and free him up to go whichever direction he chooses from here. It makes me think of a Steven Soderbergh quote where he said that he had to make the experimental film Schizopolis to free himself and loosen himself up to make Out Of Sight. I think it's good for an artist to shake things up from time to time to challenge themselves and audience expectations.

2. leeroy jenkins

leeroy jenkins Forum Resident

My first time seeing him too. The band he has assembled is great - hope you enjoy the show!

wavethatflag likes this.
  3. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I'm more excited for this show than the Lazaretto tour. I'm only going to one night this time, though, but not because I don't want to go to both.

SoundDoctor and leeroy jenkins like this.
  4. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

5. whisper3978

whisper3978 Forum Resident

But Schizopolis is hilarious, whereas JW's lyrics are just getting worse and worse. He needs to "get out of the house" more.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  6. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I think his lyrics are timely--starting a corporation is exactly how you get adulation these days.

SoundDoctor and Freebird like this.
  7. amoergosum

8. amoergosum

9. baconbadge

baconbadge Chooglin’

This sounds like Rage Against the Machine

10. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

This album to me is kind of his jam album. Instrumental type things with words peppered in there. Reminds me of Prince somehow. Or just those old fashioned jam songs that just have a groove repeated. It's fine not my fave. I love his other solo albums. This one is interesting. He's trying something different but it just didn't stick with me. Not a keeper. But, live these songs would be cool.

11. SoundDoctor

SoundDoctor Forum Resident

12. timnor

timnor Forum Resident

For those in LA Jack will be playing first base in a charity baseball match 20th August at 1800 at Rio De Los Angeles state park.

electricmetaphor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.