Jake "Raging Bull" LaMotta dead at 95

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rburly, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9 Thread Starter

'RAGING BULL' BOXER DEAD... Fought Til the End

9/20/2017 7:20 AM PDT

Jake LaMotta Dead, Real-Life 'Raging Bull' Boxer 'Fought Til the End'
    EXCLUSIVE
    [​IMG]Boxing legend Jake LaMotta -- the champ who was played by Robert De Niro in the movie "Raging Bull" -- died Tuesday, TMZ has learned. He was 95.

Jake's wife tells TMZ, Jake died in a nursing home due to complications from pneumonia.

Another family member tells TMZ, Jake's condition deteriorated in the last few weeks. He was put on a feeding tube, which he kept pulling out. His condition worsened considerably in the last few days and a decision was made to withdraw the tube.

Jake's wife tells TMZ, "I just want people to know, he was a great, sweet, sensitive, strong, compelling man with a great sense of humor, with eyes that danced."

La Motta was 83-19 in 106 pro fights -- a career that began in 1941, after he was rejected from serving in the military due to a medical issue.

He went on to win the world middleweight championship -- but he's most well known for his 6-fight rivalry with Sugar Ray Robinson ... though he only won 1 of the 6 fights.

LaMotta was famously portrayed by De Niro in the 1980 movie "Raging Bull," based on Jake's autobiography. De Niro won the Academy Award for Best Actor that year.

RIP

[​IMG]
    AUGUST 2013
    LAST TIME WE SAW HIMTMZSports.com

http://www.tmz.com/2017/09/20/jake-lamotta-dead-96-raging-bull-dies/

alexpop likes this.
  2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

RIP!!!

3. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9 Thread Starter

4. Jason Pumphrey

Jason Pumphrey Forum Resident

I remember his small role in The Hustler.
    RIP

dr jazz likes this.
  5. fr in sc

fr in sc Forum Resident

I thought he'd passed away long ago, but like Harry Dean Stanton he was a survivor.
    RIP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.