James Bond 25 - Speculation and Anticipation Thread*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vidiot, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

That is all easily explained through retconning. in 2019, BOND WEARS A DRESS.

2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Cary Grant fitted a dress just fine. :agree:

3. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

The role change with 'M' (Judi Dench in 'Goldeneye' succeeding Robert Brown in 'Licence To Kill') wasn't that a different actor/ actress was playing the same character, but a different actor/ actress was playing a different character in the same job - predecessor and successor as head of MI6 - way back in the 20th Century.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    RolandG and Oatsdad like this.
  4. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

The Lazenby comment is 'a wink and a nod' joke to the audience, a reference that he is now cast in the role Connery once had - not that within the the fictional world of 'James Bond' that 'Bond' is a code name for different, numerous agents.

RolandG, junk, Oatsdad and 1 other person like this.
  5. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Exactly, which is why Bond as a woman makes sense - you even say yourself that the precedent was set lats century.

6. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

I have to agree,Craig seem to sleepwalk his way through it.

7. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

I think we both know the films changed a lot from the books, even creating stories that were never in the books. That is a perfect reason to have a female Bond.

8. alexpop

Bond as a woman?
    We had Roger Moore in umpteen movies, is that not enough.:laugh:

blutiga and Funky54 like this.
  9. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Robert Shaw, sorry.

Puff piece Denise Richards weren't no BOND VILLAIN.

10. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

[StraightFace]I'm pretty sure Robert Shaw played a different character named "Red" Grant. Klebb did not look like him at all.[/StraightFace] ;)

RolandG and tkl7 like this.
  11. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Forum Resident

I was referring to Elektra as the villain, and that taking Richards out of TWINE would improve it.

[​IMG]

RolandG likes this.
  12. California Couple

California Couple dislike us on facebook

This is FANTASTIC NEWS! I had no idea. But then I saw Hiddleston and my hopes of another good Bond were dashed. :cussing:

13. Funky54

Funky54 Coat Hangers do not sound good

Personally I think the debonair Funky54 should be the next Bond... James Bond.

It's easy to imagine with my slick surefooted audio solutions and daring tube rolling. What other actor could possibly offer the couth that good ole Funky54 brings to the table. Leading women from the Brail Institute are lining up for their chance to stand next to the legend of Funky54.

14. California Couple

play that funky music 5 4

15. Funky54

If I'm awarded the task of putting on the tux, I'll insist on a Rival Sons sound track for the next in the Bond Chapter.

Ok guys time to save this Franchise! Who's with me?

I'm the obvious choice if the're going to reboot Moonraker. Peter Dinklage could play mini Hugo Drax. I mean this could be as cinematically spectacular as Waterworld or John Carter! Maybe they could get the Batman vs Superman writers!

16. Funky54

Actually "Funky" is a 1954 Les Paul Custom that I've been playing for close to 30 years. It's "funky" as they say in guitar lingo because 1) it's a refin from the 70's and 2) the wiring harness, pickups and pots are from a 61 les paul (SG).

California Couple likes this.
  17. alexpop

Ho hum for another two years then.

18. California Couple

19. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Totally different. It's clear "M" is a code name for that position but not at all clear that "James Bond" is the code name used for anyone who acts as 007.

If "James Bond" is any guy slotted to be 007, why are they all so similar in their tastes? Isn't it strange that every guy who's "James Bond" likes shaken vodka martinis?

As others have noted, the Lazenby quip was nothing more than a joke - it wasn't evidence that "James Bond" was a code name. Given that Lazenby stares into the camera as he delivers the line, it's pretty clear it's just a joke and not meant as a piece of serious character information.

Craig's Bond "seems to be newer on the job" because the franchise went for a "reboot". The movies aren't meant to be viewed in pure chronological order.

Using the fact Craig's Bond is wet behind the ears as evidence of your theory would be like saying "Peter Parker" is a code name for Spider-Man because he keeps going through the same training over and over.

When I asked if the notion that "James Bond" is a code name was established, I meant beyond one cheap joke in a 48-year-old movie.

If you have other actual evidence - beyond "Craig's Bond is more of a rookie than the others" - please provide it...

vzok, junk, RolandG and 1 other person like this.
  20. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Do all jokes go over your head?

21. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Klebb and Elektra are technically henchman, not the main villains.

22. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

I thought wanting a female is a joke.

junk and Dudley Morris like this.
  23. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

In FRwL Grant is the henchman. Kronsteen is much less of presence in the story and Blofeld even less so. Klebb starts out the films as "No. 3" per Blofeld, and is the highest ranking SPECTRE agent to actually interact with Bond. How high do you have to be in middle management before you aren't considered a henchman, anyway? :laugh:

24. California Couple

Agree that "This never happened to" Sean was a joke and that Bond is Bond, the way Batman is Batman or Superman is Superman. It is only supposed to be one individual.

As for the Craig rookie, it seems to me he was just that in his first film, C Royal. They did not even play the Bond theme until the very end when he became an agent.

25. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR! Thread Starter

You know, I didn't like him in the beginning but he grew on me over time. I still think Pierce Brosnan was better overall, but Craig is a talented actor and does a good job in the films.

shokhead likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.