James Bond - "Spectre" (SPOILERS)*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PH416156, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zep Fan

Zep Fan Sounds Better with Headphones on

Sony Pictures has abandoned film shoots because hackers have crippled its computer network, The Times of London reported Saturday.

Agencies filming for Sony Pictures have cancelled shoots because the problems have left it unable to process payments, a source told The Times.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/technology/internet/article4295826.ece

2. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Forum Resident

I didn't realize that Sony owned MGM, no wonder James Bond is the only person in the world who uses a Sony phone.

Chad

Ghostworld and DLant like this.
  3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think they were embarrassed to admit in America that the film had gone way, way overbudget. The real numbers only came out because they were defending some real expenses during production of the interiors and VFX in England.

I think "abandoned" is the wrong word. "Delayed" is a better choice. They'll be back in business next week.

One huge problem for the studio is the new charges of racism against studio chief Amy Pascal. Many, many embarrassing things are coming up in the hacked emails, including a lot of dirty laundry they didn't expect anybody would ever see.

musicalbeds likes this.
  4. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Spectre apparently has big script problems that they were frantically trying to solve before it went into production. The execs were unhappy with the third act. Considering some of the past Bond movies I wonder how bad it has to be before they get worried.

footlooseman, brew ziggins and Vidiot like this.
  5. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

I think the whole mess is worse than is known at this point. Think of the ramifications for other studios who will probably tread very cautiously about what they develop and produce. There's already accommodation to Japan, of all countries, for "Unbroken". Look for more revised or 'watered down' history.

Vidiot likes this.
  6. Excs being worried about a third act is probably a good thing; I can see them saying 'dumb down the scipt and we need more explosions.'

7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

8. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

footlooseman likes this.
  9. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

If more scripts leak out for upcoming films that could cause even more major issues for the studio.

10. Zep Fan

Zep Fan Sounds Better with Headphones on

11. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I'm sorry, I need some more gadgets in these movies. I know it may be smart and cool to have abandoned them, but I liked the f'ing gadgets!

agentalbert and marblesmike like this.
  12. Sgt. Pepper

Sgt. Pepper Member

I haven't read this since I don't want to know the plot, but from what I've read on other sites the leaked script was John Logan's solo effort before Purvis and Wade were brought back on. Their script is reported to be "substantially different."

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I remember when an early cut of Wolverine got leaked to the internet and the studio went nuts about it. The producers insisted "the final movie will be substantially changed," but the version that finally wound up in theaters was 95% identical to the pirated version.

BTW, I'm convinced that SMERSH was behind the hacking. They were angry that their secret organization wasn't featured in the new movie.

lbangs likes this.
  14. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est Thread Starter

Purvis and Wade are back?!? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

GentleSenator likes this.
  15. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

And here's a behind-the-scenes look at the production, all being shot on film:

Interesting to see what I believe is longtime producer Michael Wilson's son now in the position of associate producer. Looks to me like the Broccoli/Wilson clan is setting up a new chain of command for the future...

16. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Yep!

17. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Yeah, just what a need from a Bond film: To make me walk out feeling decrepit instead of undefeatable.

18. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

I've been a huge Bond fan for near 50 years, corny, cool, quirky, exciting, fun, silly, you name it it's been there and done.

I've been disappointed more than a few times over the years but at this point I'm actually pretty much off the bandwagon once Craig came on board. I've tried, really have....but Bond is what Bond is, and now, well it just isn't. Craig and the whole direction simply did not work for me. Bad combination all around.

I'm looking for another movie to really refresh the heritage that could be as great/fresh/new as Goldeneye was to come out and rekindle this amazingly long movie heritage. I'm not going to hold my breath.

Not only do they need a new great Bond, but they need new M, Q, Money Penny all in more than 1 film to provide some anchoring continuity and a fresh, interesting villain along with a great script for them. Sadly I don't believe the right people are there and alive anymore that can carry the torch. Might be time to pull the plug.

19. junk

junk Hellion

Nope! Can't wait for the new one. :wiggle:

shokhead and lbangs like this.
  20. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Pull the plug?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laughup::laughup::laughup::laughup::laughup::laughup::laughup::laughup::laughup:
    Are you sure your a real Bond fan or just don't like Craig which I really like but can understand if someone didn't.

junk likes this.
  21. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

22. Pete Norman

Pete Norman Forum Resident

Gawd...not another one

23. Spaghettiows

Spaghettiows Forum Resident

Anyone who thinks James Bond is going away is delusional. The amount of money these films bring in is too great.

junk, MarkO, progrocker71 and 2 others like this.
  24. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

as a longtime fan (and creator of Spy Vibe) I admit Skyfall became one of my favorite 007 films of all time- mostly because it was so well-crafted for theme and character. can't wait for the next film! I just posted the first set photo and video from Spectre. my review of Skyfall here:

http://spyvibe.blogspot.com/2013/02/skyfall-review-blu-ray-release.html

25. Dok

Dok Senior Member

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.