James Taylor remasters... finally!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Claus, Jun 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claus

Claus Senior Member Thread Starter

James Taylor remaster... finally!!!

"Sweet Baby James" (1970 LP), "Mud Slide Slim and the Blue Horizon" (1971 LP), "One Man Dog" (1972 LP), "Walking Man" (1972 LP), "Gorilla" (1975 LP), "In the Pocket" (1976 LP)

Release date: 9/23... remastered by Rhino.

2. Matt

Matt New Member

Yeah! YEAH! YEAH!!! Man, how long have we've been waiting on this one? There were a ton of requests on both the DCC board and this for Steve to do them!

3. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I'm sure it will be the same remastering job as the new best of. They probably just did them all at once.

4. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Any news on any James Taylor DVD-A releases?

5. And did "we" like the new best of? Was there tape hiss, no noize., maximized sound, digital compression, etc. ?

6. Guy R

Guy R Well-Known Member

Maybe I misinterpreted here but aren't we talking about DVD-A? Otherwise what's the big deal?

7. bartels76

I think people here liked it. Once I heard they edited Steamroller, I chose not to get it.

8. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

I picked up the comp primarily for the single version of "Country Road".

Jim W.

9. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

I think they did a great job on the new "hits" as far a sound quality goes. The edit of Steamroller is bad news, as far as I am concerned.

I am REALLY glad these WB albums are being redone, I hope they are done well. I also hope that WB add the track "I Can Dream Of You" to IN THE POCKET, as that song was only available on the flip side of the "Shower The People" 45, and no where else. It is the only missing JT "B" side from the WB era. It is a great tune, written by his brother Livingston, and James's version is quite nice.

10. tomcat

tomcat Senior Member

Are the currently available CDs that bad? I have «Sweet Baby James» (as a German pressing; Warner 7599-27183-2) and a Lee Herschberg remaster (as a US pressing; Warner 2561-2) of "Mud Slide Slim".
    Peace
    Thomas

11. Claus

Claus Senior Member Thread Starter

Sweet Baby James sounds good on the german pressing... but I have never heard the original!

12. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

Are you sure that these James Taylor titles have been remastered? I just went over to amazon.com and could not find any listing for these itles in a remaseted CD. I would rather have them on DVD-A, especially MUDSLIDE SLIM AND THE BLUE HORIZON, which is one of my favorie albums ever. Any news on this reissue series?

13. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

"Sweet Baby James" sounds killer just the way it is....

14. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

It had some slight limiting, but sounded very good. It is a shame what Taylor did with "Steamroller", though. It's the only reason I kept the old GH CD.

15. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Not everyone likes or wants DVD-A...

16. John

John Senior Member

Vinyl BABY!!

17. bartels76

It's the only reason why I never bought the new best of!

18. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

It was the first thing I played through my yard-sale Tannoys and it sounded marvelous. The "Steamroller" edit was a bummer though. Can't wait for the reissues!! :thumbsup:

19. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Thanks but I am waiting on the two remastered James Taylor albums due out on Sony soon in SUPER AUDIO.

"Not everyone likes or wants DVD-A..."

Fortunately, we are getting more great Taylor in Super Audio which sounds better to my ears than DVDA. :)

20. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Easy now........

:-jon

21. ksmitty

ksmitty Senior Member

After reading this thread I decided to pull out the Original CD release of "Sweet Baby James" and it sounds great to my ears. I don't think I will even get the Remastered version after a good listen to the old one. I do believe I will pick up "Mud Slide Slim" though as my Vinyl copy is pretty worn out now.

22. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

James Taylor-"Sweet Baby James" was released TWICE already on Cee Dee, This will be the THIRD remaster:) I'm happy with the second remaster:thumbsup:

23. peterC

peterC Aussie Addict

I agree about the original CD versions.

They sound very nice to me.

24. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

So when are these coming out? Next year?

25. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Last month.

mud-

:confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.