Japanese White Album-Mono-Opinions?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vinyl-Addict, Mar 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skip Reynolds

Skip Reynolds Legend In His Own Mind

That was my first reaction too. I like it at least as much as the stereo.

2. peter

peter Senior Member

Germany DID issue the White Album in mono, as did some other countries (like Greece). Obviously, very rare.

3. Vinyl-Addict

Vinyl-Addict Groovetracer Manufacturer Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses. I listened to the album again last night and played it through at a pretty loud volume level. I actually enjoyed it more the 2nd time through and wrote down notes where these pops occurred.
    It seems that I may have been a bit sloppy with my evaluation the 1st time through. The vinyl is extremely quiet(except for a few pops)when played at loud volume and allows the music to shine through, especially John's vocals in Julia and Paul's on Mother Natures Son, absolutely fantastic clarity in their voices, much more alive than the stereo pressings I own.

I have contacted the seller and he has replied. We are working out a fair price, given the condition of the vinyl, which is for the mostpart mint condition. I'm one of these guys who goes by the book when it comes to grading so anything that performs less than the defined grade upsets me, since price is in direct relationship to the grading.
    I'm sure we will work out a fair price and in the end and we'll both be happy.
    Until then I believe this mono pressing will continue to offer more enjoyment as time goes by, last night's session is proof of that.:)

4. mne563

mne563 Senior Member

Highlight for me as far as clarity and what is revealed to be an extremely moving performance is "Long Long Long" on side three. The mono mix here is far superior to the stereo, and this one always grabs me and really makes me sit there and listen... I always liked this song before I heard the mono, but the mono mix throws this one into my top ten Beatles tracks! :goodie:

5. Another Japanese mono White Album on red vinyl is up for grabs at eBay.

Current bid is at $225.00 U.S., which is about $330.00 Canadian.

Have a lot of pennies to save. :sigh:

6. lennonfan

lennonfan New Member

That's the one! IMO, worth double the price. If you want the Mono White in all of it's stunning glory, anything else is 2nd best.

7. Vinyl-Addict

Vinyl-Addict Groovetracer Manufacturer Thread Starter

The seller has gratiously offered to refund 30% of what I paid for the album. This is definitely a very honest seller and one who I will continue to purchase from in the future. I believe that given the few defects in the vinyl a fair price has been arrived at. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.