JBL L100's?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by 575maranello, Aug 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. And as an owner at 23 and now again at 63 (in my downstairs second rig), I really love listening to them. Run out of the room!? :tiphat:

Fruff76 and Sneaky Pete like this.
  2. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

Enjoy! I hope they bring you lots of long listening sessions. If we all agreed all the time the World would be a dull place.

I remember the classic East Coast Sound vs West Coast Sound debates. I figured out I was an East Coast sound guy and I bought Advents, ARs and ADS.

Mazzy likes this.
  3. No worries. And I know I'm in the minority on these in this Forum.....

Sneaky Pete likes this.
  4. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

I'm with you. I've owned the studio version (4311BWX) since the late 70's. Been to college with me and back. Still have them. I have some other more accurate speakers (Harbeth M30.1) but the JBL's can certainly rock the house!

5. old school

old school Senior Member

Steve what year did you buy them? In 1974 in LA the price for each not a pair was $297-333 with tax.

Mazzy likes this.
  6. Yeah I paid close to $600 pair in 1975.

old school likes this.
  7. old school

old school Senior Member

Yeah Mazzy I bought four at $333 with tax each.

8. McLover

McLover Senior Member

I keep telling every audiophile and music lover I know, take a recording with you with a human voice for auditioning speakers. It's a great test for midrange transparency. I have taken recordings of announcer's voices I know on and off microphone to audition speakers for many years. The speakers which colored the voice the least, did the rest right. My former engineering boss in radio clued me into that very thing. It's never failed me. Henry Kloss and Edgar Villchur speaker designs always passed that test without fail. McLover's Law, get the midrange right, the rest will somewhat follow.

Fender Relic and Steve Hoffman like this.
  9. Fruff76

Fruff76 L100 Classic - Fan Club President

I’d love to do a comparison of the original vs the new. I’ve never heard the originals.

Eigenvector likes this.
  10. Fender Relic

Fender Relic Forum Resident

I just found out that Henry Kloss came from Altoona, a Central PA city about an hour away from me.

McLover and Fruff76 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.