jbl L80t - is $150 a fair price for a used pair?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by bigmikerocks, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigmikerocks

bigmikerocks Forum Resident Thread Starter

have the opp to grab some on craigslist....thanks!!!

2. KT88

KT88 Senior Member

Well, it is a little high for such an old model but condition is everything. They are well regarded and I like them much better than many other designs from that era. If they are a lot nicer than your current speakers, then it'll be a great system upgrade, value proposition notwithstanding. Speaker quality is very important to the total system sound, typically the single most important item.
    -Bill

3. jlc76

jlc76 Forum Resident

Probably a fair price. I'd want something older like my Decade series but I remember those sounding decent for the era.

4. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Out of all the LxxT JBL line from that period. The L80s were the best, IMO. I used to sell them and we'd compare all the speakers in that line. The L80s were the right size and the right balance. The L100T was too bloated with that big woofer. Now, the JBLs are tilted toward the bright side of things, so make sure you're prepared or like that. Would I pay $150 for them? Absolutely! I wouldn't worry about age, those tweeters and woofer are still good to go at this point. Make sure you check out the veneers at the corners. Those were the first areas to go. Maybe that's a point to knock off a few bucks!

5. bigmikerocks

bigmikerocks Forum Resident Thread Starter

6. Jay F

Jay F New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.