Jellyfish- 2 CD Deluxe Editions on the way...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by noname74, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian Thread Starter

Rhett likes this.
  2. I'm happy for those who didn't get these on The Not Lame release but would prefer something new.

anthontherun likes this.
  3. parkmebike

parkmebike I'm in love with a girl...

So the bonus tracks will be from the Fan Club box set. I already have this, so nothing new for me.

4. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

We'll just have to wait and see a track listing before we hastily write these off.

5. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian Thread Starter

Shouldn't you wait for the details? Jeez.

6. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

That is not the way it works, overreaction is rampant. :laugh:

The link suggest the possibility of using box set tracks so it is a distinct possibility but let's wait until it is certain then we can move on to the mastering inquiries and shipping updates.

Jimmy Agates and noname74 like this.
  7. Omnivore Recordings

Omnivore Recordings New Member

Ahoy folks.

Please remember that until we officially announce things, they don't exist.

Cheers,
    Captain Lee

jdrueke, Jimmy Agates and willy like this.
  8. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

Uh-oh - looks like an employee could get a reprimand for leaking info to superdeluxe. Or was it wishful thinking on superdeluxe's part?

9. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

I actually hope all the bonus stuff is from the Fan Club set--great way to get that material out there again. I love the new stuff like Live at Bogarts and Radio Jellyfish, but I'd rather not feel a need to re-purchase these with one or two previously unreleased nuggets among a bunch of Fan Club material I already have. Keep the rest to brand-new releases.

(That said, the OCD fan in me would consider rebuying just to get "Think About Your Troubles" and the acoustic "The King is Half-Undressed" on separate tracks.)

10. Stallings

Stallings Forum Resident

According to Amazon, the first two recordings are being re-released in some form on May 6th. These are currently listed as single discs, so not sure if this is wrong information or if these are different from what's being discussed in this thread.

11. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

Remember that Amazon doesn't always designate 2CD and 1CD properly - so take that into consideration when browsing Amazon.

12. Omnivore Recordings

Omnivore Recordings New Member

Trust us. No one is, or has been "leaking" anything. What purpose would that serve? If anything, it would make us look silly. What happened was online music publications looking to outscoop one another. Releases come and go on schedules (they need to be on there MONTHS in advance), and sometimes Amazon doesn't get the memo - if, at all. (It took months for us to correct that the CVB reissues were not standard weight colored vinyl, but actually 180g black...)

This is why we invite people to follow us on Facebook, Twitter or on our mailing list and pay attention to whether or not we've officially announced a release. It's only at that point that something is official. In the world of reissues, there are far too many problems involved to speculate. Heck, our Townes Van Zandt Sunshine Boy release had been in the works for seventeen years (and I am NOT lying), before it actually happened.

So, while we have no reason to apologize for erroneous information, we will here. It dives you as crazy as it drives us.

Until you hear it from us, don't trust it. And, when you DO hear it from us, you'll get all the info there is.

BTW - we've revamped our website so check it out and/or boookmark it. Trust me - there, Facebook and/or Twitter are the places to get correct info. Not Amazon or someone's blog.

http://omnivorerecordings.com/

Gardo, Burningfool, jdrueke and 6 others like this.
  13. Thanks for the clarification. It's refreshing to get it straight from an omnivore's mouth. ;)

Omnivore Recordings likes this.
  14. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

Thank you for your reply. So what I'm hearing is that the Jellyfish expanded releases have been pretty much cancelled BUT if Omnivore were to do anything like that it's going to take years to do - with a max of 17 years.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    jdrueke likes this.
  15. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

These releases are on some release sheet and that data is transmitted to tons of retailers (not just Amazon). Whether its a purposeful mistake or an accident the information that the retailers have has nothing to do with music blogs. The data has to be coming from distributors, or some official source in the chain, to the retailers.

Speaking of which according to many online retailers Omnivore was to have release Demolition by Rain Parade. I take it that is another one that was on a release sheet and has mistakenly gotten listed. I don't believe that release was scooped by any online blog at least that none I can find.

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/15875990/rain-parade-demolition

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  16. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

How about those Posies vinyls? :)

Mr.La Page likes this.
  17. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

I think you're hearing that someone accidentally put these on a list before the deal was done or before they were ready to announce or something is running late. Maybe Universal controls that data? Maybe Omnivore has been cut out of the chain?

Ask Chris from Bullmoose where they get their data - they list the release date for these as 6/17 which means the release sheets have been updated (Amazon probably updates slower due to its size):

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/16183543/jellyfish-bellybutton-deluxe

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/16183544/jellyfish-spilt-milk-deluxe-ed

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  18. Is this out yet? It showed a May 6 release date at amazon but it also states its temporarily out of stock.

19. Ringmaster_D

Ringmaster_D Surfer of Sound Waves

Any track list yet? I'm pretty sure all the bonus tracks will be from the box set, but I'm still holding some (false) hope. There are still a few things reportedly in the vaults...

20. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

It never happened - amazon is wrong.

You might want to try checking the actual Omnivore Recordings site for info in the future: http://omnivorerecordings.com/artist/jellyfish/ and http://omnivorerecordings.com/

I know I'll keep sites like amazon and http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/ on the skeptical side for their release dates in the future.

This was a letdown and I don't blame Omnivore but I do blame super deluxe edition for propagating false info.

21. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

It never happened - get your info from http://omnivorerecordings.com. Don't see it there? That's because it doesn't exist.

22. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I blame the OP for jinxing the releases with this thread. :angel:

Mr.La Page likes this.
  23. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

That's funny!
    But really the fault lies with super deluxe edition. Not sure where they obtained this info but it was - apparently pretty false.

24. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

On a brighter more hopeful side - maybe the info super deluxe passed on was correct in that Omnivore was/is planing a release like this but so far it hasn't materialized due to some publishing snafu or whatever.

I'll believe it when Omnivore's site publishes the info.

25. mogambotek

mogambotek Forum Resident

Just picked up the original cd of Bellybutton for 2 euro while on holiday in greece. Never heard the band or album before so looking forward to getting home and giving it a spin. How I long for the days of the discman where I could listen to these CDs now instead of waiting a whole week to get back to my rig!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.