Jelly's New & Used CD's Worcester Mass

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by SimonSaysCake, Sep 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimonSaysCake

SimonSaysCake Senior Member Thread Starter

Ok, been wanting to post about this place for months, just too busy.

We just happened to be in Worcester Massachusetts for the day (back in early August) for other reasons and wound up coincidentally parking right across the street from this place. What luck right?

I wound up having only about a half an hour to check this place out. Turns out there's good and bad.

The good is that it is cavernous! Here's a pick that doesn't do it justice:

[​IMG]
    (no, that's not me but some employee apparently)

And since I'm thinking of it and it came up in my search for photos, here's their web site:

jellys discs

I tell you it was like browsing CD/music stores of yesterday (really the 90's) which was pretty exciting. I so miss the weekends I spent in Boston, sometimes New York, hitting up all the different record stores and coming home with lots of great stuff to spin. This place really took me back and I wish I could have spent a couple hours there, I just barely got a taste for what they have.

Now for the bad. There did not seem to be any bargains to be had. To be honest the prices took me back too, like it was still 1989. I don't know how this place stays in business with prices this high. Also, it wasn't abundantly clear which stock was new and which was used in the racks. There were definitely new releases but in the racks, I dunno, was most of it used? If so, egads the prices!

I did walk out with a new release I had been looking for and a couple used discs so I was happy and helped them stick around a bit longer I guess. FYI, right next door is a huge comic book shop that also has some vinyl so if you lean more that way be sure to check them out, fun store too.

-s1m0n-

chazz101s and Dave like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.