Jessica Jones Season 2 March 8, 2018

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Veech, Feb 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Watch it in 4K HDR -- it's bright as hell.

FVDnz, davidb1 and Deesky like this.
  2. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

LOL, not sure if that was meant humorously, or if it was a misunderstanding in meaning of the word 'dark'. :)

3. Paper Wizard

Paper Wizard Forum Resident

Believe it or not I am watching it in 4K!

4. Frittenköter

Frittenköter Forum Resident

i prefer this to the first season. having no clear villain was a really interesting path to take and the show certainly kept me hooked throughout. plus after the ending, which i won't spoil, i can only hope we get a third season.

marmalade166 likes this.
  5. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

That's a matter for you and your therapist to work out. :) (I kid, I kid)

I have no problem with dysfunctional characters, but they'd better be doing something interesting for me to keep watching them. I binged the first season, but season 2 has been a total chore. "I Want Your Cray-Cray" was so bad it nearly broke my desire to see any more episodes, and it's representative of what I've disliked about this season. Too much family drama, not enough action. I can't say I'm much interested in anybody's storyline this season, but Trish's is extremely annoying because of how poorly it's conceived and portrayed. I'm on episode 9, hoping something actually happens in the next four. Mark me down as very disappointed in this season.

6. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

A pretty face, needs a pretty good storyline by the sounds of it.

7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

How was your set calibrated?

The show is "dark" in terms of plot and mood, but not in actual lighting or set brightness (IMHO). They use "movie night" techniques to create the impression of darkness without losing any detail, which takes a lot of skill.

Jessica Jones has always been a very downbeat show about a very depressed character -- somebody who has good reason to be that way. The fact that she can function in this world is pretty much the point of the show.

DLeet likes this.
  8. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

The last few episodes almost redeemed the season, but not quite. I'd like more action and suspense in Season 3, please.

9. I just finished season 2. While the acting was quite good, I just didn't care about the storyline. Right now, I'd rank this at the bottom of the various Marvel Netflix shows/seasons (yes, even below Iron Fist :hide:)

GodShifter and Cliff like this.
  10. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

I'm having trouble 'getting into' Season 2 at all. Very lack-luster so far and I just started episode 5.

11. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

You have a long slog ahead of you my friend. Seriously.

Solaris and Cliff like this.
  12. Canadacrowe

Canadacrowe Forum Resident

I've enjoyed season 2 and its storyline and humor, though Trish wanting to be a hard-hitting journalist was a bit of a stretch and her fiancé seemed to come from nowhere and then disappear. I think he was really just there for a few moments when we could question his motivation as a potential bad guy.

I assume the writers have an arch they're working towards, so I'd equate this with Mr. Robot. Both were really good in season 1, in part because they were novel. Season #2 is more focused on backstory and character development, versus a strong storyline.

13. I think almost all of the Netflix Marvel shows are a few too many episodes per season (Daredevil being the exception). They'd be helped by eliminating three or four episodes.

GodShifter and noname74 like this.
  14. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Daredevil S1 yes, agree, but S2 was padded out will all manner of silly ninja crap and plot diversions, so IMO it wasn't immune from this syndrome.

15. cboldman

cboldman Forum Resident

I’ve just finished The Defenders. Should I watch The Punisher before going on to Jessica Jones Season 2 to keep things on an even keel, continuity-wise? Or is The Punisher off doing his own thing and can be seen later?

16. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Punisher is a stand alone series.

Finally finished the season and I was disappointed in it.

Last several episodes were good but man it crawled thru most of it.

17. Really enjoyed this season of JJ. Loved the mothers and sisters story. Looking forward to Patsy Walker becoming .........

Her arc was awesome.

18. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

It would have been much better if they cut it by 4 episodes. To damn long

Shawn likes this.
  19. glennzo

glennzo Forum Resident

Enjoyed S1, but found S2 to be tedious and lacklustre.
    The Trish character was tiresome and it's a minor point, but Rachael Taylor struggles with her accent.
    If there's a S3, it would need to be substantially better.

20. Strummergas

Strummergas Senior Member

Overall I liked S2, but I agree with others in that it definitely dragged, and both my wife and I got really tired of Trish by the end.

21. David Egan

David Egan Forum Resident

Luke Cage had all the elements of a 70s blaxploitation or of many urban dramas the big difference being that it was not 100 minutes long. Defenders was shorter but the fight scenes were inconsequential and nobody said or did anything interesting. I was as caught up in JJ2 as I was in DD2 because the characters were compelling and I was happy with how it ended. Everyone is lined up for a fresh direction in S3 so I'm counting the writers not to get into a rut.

22. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I finished Season 2 this week.

I thought it was fine, although as others have suggested, it felt a bit overlong. It wasn't as good as Season 1.

My biggest problem with the series is that Jessica Jones is the only (somewhat) likeable main character left.

Trish became unbearable this year, and I don't look forward to watching her with whatever superpowers she has inherited.

Jeri (Carrie Anne-Moss, the lawyer) is a hideous character, dislikeable on just about every level, and has been since Season 1. It seemed about 15% of the season was devoted to her story, which doesn't work because she is not in any way an empathetic character. So I don't care if she is dying (in fact, I hope she does). Her influence on the main story arc was trivial, and they should just have killed her off.

Malcolm is an interesting character, and empathetic (or was until the last episode, anyway), but hasn't been given enough to do to matter.

I thought both Jessica's mom and the doctor were interesting and nuanced characters. Of course they blew both away. To what end? So we can be treated to more Jeri screen time?

Mom/doctor as the evil forces this year were not nearly as compelling as Killgrave. But IMHO that wasn't as big a problem as the issue described above.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    Shawn and budwhite like this.
  23. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I finally started watching this in the whole world weary, sardonic Deadpool attitude gets pretty old. It’s not a bad show but she’s not a great actress.

24. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

OK, I'm only 4 episodes in and I better stop reading spoilers, lol. One thing that Jessica Jones has over the other Netflix Marvel shows is the theme tune. The way it builds to the end and that guitar solo (next to how Krysten's butt looks in her jeans), DAMN!

Lonson likes this.
  25. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I'm enjoying this season so far (Episode 5). My favorite line so far: "Someone got blood on my last one."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.