Jessica Jones Season 2 March 8, 2018

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Veech, Feb 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeah, when they announced Jeri was dying I was relieved as I feel her character brings nothing to a super hero show. Now if the show was a law procedural then maybe. But super hero no.

2. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Doubtful Jeri does. Usually it’s the deal of trying some radical cure/procedure and gaining super powers from it. For instance, like Jessica’s mom. That is the usual MO in the Marvel universe.

Shawn likes this.
  3. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Spoilers ahead.
    I like JJ the most out of all the Netflix Marvel shows, (and frankly, the entire Marvel universe), but Season 2 was a fail for me. I think it's because Season 1's villain, Kilgrave, is the greatest Marvel villain we've seen, because he got everyone else to do his dirty work. He was a lazy supervillain, which makes him even more hateable. So Season 2 had a lot to overcome, and I don't think having her mother be the big bad worked at all. In fact the best episode for me was the one with Kilgrave getting inside Jessica's brain once more. And then we get the hopeful ending? This is not why we love Jessica.

4. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Saying that having her mother be the big bad didn't work "at all" seems like an overstatement, especially if you managed to watch the whole series. :) In my opinion, it was one of the only ways they could go that could carry similar psychological weight to Kilgrave. It is a bit more relatable and less metaphorical for people with difficult family/relationship dynamics. The Mother's abilities being so similar to Jessica's did not lend itself to the level of creativity in terms of the threat she presented that we saw in Season 1 with Kilgrave, though.

Lonson and GodShifter like this.
  5. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

Hampering my enjoyment of the tv series is my suspicion that the comic book character never gets out of her funk.

6. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

Just finished the 10th episode and I'm really digging the development of the Season, thus far. And learning through Carl that Shane and whatsername weren't even at IGH and having cleaned out Jeri's apartment was stone cold! Sure, Jeri isn't a very nice person herself but Jessica's warning to her was a little too late unfortunately.

OK, 3 more episodes to go? I've already done about 6 episodes this evening and still so much to catch up on, including The Punisher.

Lonson likes this.
  7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Keep watching. Jeri gets even worse. No redeeming qualities whatsoever is probably the way I would describe her.

FVDnz likes this.
  8. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I enjoyed Season 2, not as much as 1 but dang it was still good. I liked the slow boil. . . .

Right now I'm listening to this. No, this Jessica Jones doesn't have superpowers but she can play!

Jessica Jones Quartet - Nod

marmalade166 likes this.
  9. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I enjoyed this. Interestingly what many seem to feel as "dragging" and "lacking plot" I see as a good video adaptation of the comic book experience. Lots of catch and release in comics, and either sudden jagged character development or long drawn-out character development. I thought the child molestation plot with Trish was a bit daring if a red herring to the main plot, and the Jeri character a very Marvel universe "anti-villain" that has a place in this tale. Jessica coming a bit out of her "destroyed family" loner prison this season is promising for a new color in future seasons as is Trish's blooming transformation. Season 1 may have been a bit better, but I found this one very interesting and a nice continuance.

10. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

'Nuff respect, that man. I too thoroughly enjoyed Iron Fist. Not sure what everyone's downer on it was. Great series. Hope there's another.
    Love the relationship building between him & Luke Cage, which carries over into Cage's 2nd series too.

Cliff likes this.
  11. cboldman

cboldman Forum Resident

IMDB lists September 7, 2018 for Season 2 of Iron Fist, but that’s the only place I’ve seen that.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  12. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

Good to hear. Ta!

13. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

It has been announced all over that Iron Fist Season 2 will air in the Fall of this year. IMDB is the only place I've seen an actual date as well though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.