Jethro Tull – Heavy Horses: New Shoes Edition, 5-disc set (9 February 2018)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Daniel Falaschi, Jun 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

No no no, it wasn't. Sure a few bands sold out. Sure puink was dead the moment the biog labels figured out how to make money from punk. But it was far from being "mostly marketing". It was a real event, a real movement, that like all movements, is eventually consumed by society. ;)

CraigVC likes this.
  2. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

I'll have the Stand Up box within the week, after that I'll have to close in on the War Child box and then I'll have them all. These things are killing my wallet but boy, do I love 'em!

FVDnz, Mainline461, DreamTull and 2 others like this.
  3. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

Just a heads up that Burning Shed has many of these box sets back in stock for a limited time.

4. DaverJ

DaverJ Forum Resident

Wow - the hard to find Thick As A Brick boxset signed is currently available for $100 US.

Unfortunately, this is the initial pressing with the faulty DVD, and no replacement available. Still... tempting.

JediJoker and hubertfarnsworth like this.
  5. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

That's the only one that I don't have -- and I don't have a 5.1 audio setup where the glitches on the original DVD would affect me. Still, I can't bring myself to pay $100 for a couple versions of the album in the absence of meaningful bonus material like the other sets. But it sure would look nice on the shelf with the others!

6. hubertfarnsworth

hubertfarnsworth Forum Resident

Well, this thread just cost me some money, but I think I've filled my 2 holes (TAAB and Minstrel).

ermylaw likes this.
  7. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Stand Up book set is great but so are all of them, just need to pick them up at time of release, the only one I am missing is TAAB and so looking forward to This Was should be awesome.

8. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Wow, this is great! I've been holding out for the Thick As A Brick box set, passing up numerous used copies offered for up to twice as much as this is being sold for.

While it's a bummer that it's the confirmed faulty DVD, my ethics guide me to justify seeking out a DVD-R of the corrected disc by any means necessary, once I own the box set purchased at retail. And having Ian's signature is extra cool!

My purchase processed, so I'm hoping that their system keeps up with inventory in real time, and that I don't get a disappointing email from Burning Shed later...

Craig.

Plan9, tinnox and ermylaw like this.
  9. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

Thanks to the above tip for Burning Shed, I canceled my order (which I placed two months ago) to amazon Canada for War Child 40th Anniversary Theatre Edition, and ordered through BS.

10. duneman

duneman Forum Resident

Yeah - I was being cheeky. Having been around in the heyday of LA punk in '77-79 and hanging out at the Masque, seeing the Germs, Bangs, Dickies, Black Randy and the Metro Squad, to name a few, I can vouch for the underground. It was an interesting scene but I don't find much of it listenable anymore - it was a live thing, at least to me.

To get back on thread I really like Heavy Horses and love what SW has done with it. It wasn't on my radar back in the day as I pretty much felt JT had jumped the shark after Thick as a Brick. I did see the War Child tour at the Fabulous Forum in '75 - except for the fact my car was towed that night it was a great show!

11. Mainline461

Mainline461 Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up! Needed War Child and Stand Up to fill out the full collection. Man have I paid out the *ss for most of the other ones. Anyone interested don't hesitate, they're selling out fast. The TAAB signed is gone.

ermylaw likes this.
  12. Old Zorki II

Old Zorki II Storm Watcher

I recently finally found time to open Heavy Horses remix vinyl. For whatever reason inner sleeve was different from previous remix releases (no biggy), but compared to DVD and even CD the sound was rather dull, to my surprise. Did they change printing plant? It was super cheap on Amazon, for whatever reason like 12 bucks or less... It still sounds a little better then original vinyl to my ears.

13. alx7

alx7 Forum Resident

Ya thanks, just ordered Stand Up. Have been searching this one for a while now. I really dig this thread for important info:cop:

ermylaw likes this.
  14. electronicpaperboy

electronicpaperboy Forum Resident

I hesitated and missed out on it, damn, went to bed woke up to find they are selling unsigned ones for £45.00 Yay! I'm in. Which, to update an old adage, 'He who hesitates is not always lost, but misses out on Ian's Autograph'

JediJoker likes this.
  15. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

TAAB ordered. The full set. Finally :D

electronicpaperboy likes this.
  16. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

45 pounds for a CD which can also be had for 5 pounds and a DVD with errors on it. Being a completist sucks :D

17. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

I saw it last night and also hesitated....£75 & P&P for absolutely no new music kinda stuck in my throat - and of course it was gone.

Woke up this morning - on my birthday - and only £45.00!!!

I could neither care for an autograph - nor do I use the audio DVD's, and I don't have the SW remix of the album - so now the set is currently complete........now I wonder if my kids have remembered my birthday.........

DreamTull and electronicpaperboy like this.
  18. PROGGER

PROGGER Forum Resident

You got a link? I couldn’t find it

19. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

20. PROGGER

PROGGER Forum Resident

Kiss73 and electronicpaperboy like this.
  21. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

And it is out of stock. I have to say I wonder how stuff like this suddenly turns up. I can't imagine there's a box labeled "THICK AS A BRICK CD/DVD SET" just left somewhere in a closet :D

22. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

All the known faulty stock...either never sold or returned.....if you sit on it then it becomes collectable and fools such as you and I are now happy to buy the faulty stuff :D:agree:

JimW, JediJoker and Pim like this.
  23. Mainline461

Mainline461 Forum Resident

You'd be surprised what these companies hold back. Look at the vault sale from Audio Fidelity.

I called MFSL on a whim a year after Eat A Peach went OOP back in the '90's. The guy said he would check the "closet" for a copy. He came back and said I need to get your address, I found a copy. I felt like I had hit the lottery.

One thing I like about this Burning Shed "resale" is they are limiting you to one copy.

JediJoker and Pete Puma like this.
  24. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

....and all sold out again!!!

Big thanks to @electronicpaperboy for bringing this to my attention this morning!!

electronicpaperboy likes this.
  25. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I guess I never picked up Thick as a Brick as the CD box set I had the two LP box that came out some time back and I guess I just delayed on TAAB especially after hearing about the faulty dvd.
    I do have:
    Stand Up
    Benefit
    A Passion Play
    Minstrel in the Gallery
    Aqualung
    Songs From The Wood
    War Child
    Never Too Old to Rock n Roll

So it looks like I am only missing TAAB and Heavy Horses, is tha right?
    Heavy Horses is still in print, isn’t it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.