Jethro Tull – Heavy Horses: New Shoes Edition, 5-disc set (9 February 2018)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Daniel Falaschi, Jun 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joseph LeVie

Joseph LeVie Forum Resident

Yeah, I was surprised at how relatively cheap they seem to be. I was way behind in picking them up.

2. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

I recently downloaded the WAV of Thick as a Brick after hearing complaints about the CD mastering. The download version shows 14 "song titles," typically based on the first lyric line, but most of them are doubled up. So track 1 is about five minutes long - the first, most familiar section, here called "Really Don't Mind," and the frenetic 5/4 piece that follows, "See There a Son Is Born." When I burned the download to CD, I put in additional track divisions, raising the track count from eight to thirteen. I also moved a couple of the existing divisions because they didn't quite make sense.

showtaper and JulesRules like this.
  3. R E Faust

R E Faust Forum Resident

I think 'Benefit' might also be hard to come by now. There don't seem to be any copies on Burning Shed, Amazon etc.

4. DreamTull

DreamTull Well-Known Member

5. sound chaser

sound chaser Senior Member

jsayers likes this.
  6. Yeah, Benefit is only available used for big bucks on Amazon US and UK.

7. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

If the track list is right it is only the first CD of the Collector's Edition. I didn't realize they were marketing that separately.

8. bluemooze

bluemooze Senior Member

Future or imaginary? :)

johnny q and tootull like this.
  9. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

Future: Imagine that.

:waiting: waiting

bluemooze likes this.
  10. electronicpaperboy

electronicpaperboy Forum Resident

There's two on ebay right now, new being sold by rarewaves. They are less than £20.

11. sound chaser

sound chaser Senior Member

They seem to have other titles too.

12. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

Had another listen to Heavy Horses today and I can definitely say there's room for improvement, sound-wise. The remaster I find is a little thin on certain tracks and after the brilliantly remixed Songs from the Wood, HH will most certainly be given a new lease on life.

Also starting to wonder if Bruce Soord would be interested in remixing classic albums after some decent 5.1 remixes of a number of albums as of late. If SW is definitely not interested in remixing Broadsword, maybe IA should seek him out. I'm thinking Jakko might take the reigns though.

13. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

Interviewing Ian Anderson: At Musikfest, he's carrying on Jethro Tull legacy under own name
    “But I’m on tour all the time. I have to grab a few days here and a few days there to do these things – just as Steven Wilson is working on the remasters of ‘Heavy Horses’ right now, he grabs a day here or half a day there or half an hour in a dressing room somewhere on the other side of the planet to send me some files. That’s what I’ve been doing this afternoon – is listening to and making a few notes to tweak the new Steven Wilson remixes of the ‘Heavy Horses’ album, which will be released next year.”

dougb222, Runicen, Jimijam and 7 others like this.
  14. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective Thread Starter

It is funny that even IA doesn´t seem to really distinguish between a remaster and a remix...:eek::laugh:

JulesRules likes this.
  15. tonewheeltom

tonewheeltom Forum Resident

Oh boy, his head would be torn right off in this forum!

16. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Well then.....that Ian quote just confirms another instant purchase on release date for me!

dougb222, Runicen, joelee and 2 others like this.
  17. folkfreak

folkfreak The cold blooded penguin

yes, I just wish the would drop that annual 40th anniversary scheme and release them more quickly....

johnny q likes this.
  18. Daniel Falaschi

I used to think the same way, but now ther`s only two of them left...:thumbsdow

19. Daniel Falaschi

I really hope for a Bursting Out show included. And who knows for Stormwatch if something live unearthes...much like the Landover thing. I know there´s more Portland and Seattle video than the one included in the BBC Arena docu.

Kim Olesen likes this.
  20. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

And full shows if possible (some songs were left off Bursting Out)

Anyway i am pretty confident that if multitracks exist for the left off Bursting out tracks, we'll get them. They have been really good with including as much as possible.

No doubt this series is the best re-release series ever done in rock music.

showtaper, Jimijam, granata and 4 others like this.
  21. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

22. j1804 likes this.
  23. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

I'd still grab one if you're on the fence - despite the smaller packaging it's one of my favorites of the bunch, and it appears to be going oop soon judging by the stock fluctuations.

24. jeffbeckfan

jeffbeckfan New Member

To me John Glascock was what made this era so special. We need/ I need some quality footage of his time with the band. Please..... I REALLY want that official pro-shot Hippodrome show footage. Or release a stand alone DVD/Bluray of it

johnny q, FritzL and Barnabas Collins like this.
  25. Daniel Falaschi

Man we just got the Landover 77 show which was ungeard and is a full show compared to the Hippodrome one. The latterus available on youtube with decent quality...and according to the SFTW liner notes,a release of the Hippodrone show won't happen because "uncle beeb" pretends too much money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.