DCC Archive Jethro Tull "Original Masters" DCC LP/CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by eBay Feed, Oct 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eBay Feed

eBay Feed Automated Thread Starter

Hello everybody,

I am curious about the version of "Thick as a Brick" on DCCs "Original Masters" by Jethro Tull...

I have the gold CD and "Thick as a Brick" runs 22 minutes 42 seconds. This is side one of the album. THANKS STEVE!! It even has a few seconds of Ian counting off the song before it actually begins! THANKS AGAIN STEVE!!

I am wondering how long the version on the DCC LP is?? If I remember correctly the DCC "Original Masters" LP is just one LP and not a two LP set. Does the LP contain the "Radio Edit #1"???

Just curious.

Thanks,

Tony

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Tony,

The LP contains an edit, but I can't remember which one I used.... :(

Sorry, it went right out of my mind...

Glad you like the super duper version on the CD. Caught hell for that, but it was worth it, eh?

3. eBay Feed

eBay Feed Automated Thread Starter

Steve,

Yes, I would have to say it is worth it...As long as you didn't catch *TOO MUCH* hell! :D

I still remember sitting there listening to the CD when the time for the fade came AND WENT ;) then it just kept going...and going...and I kept smiling all the way to the end of "side one"! WOW! Probably the biggest surprise I have ever had with a version of a song being different than the one I expected to hear.

Thanks again!! It is not only the sound quality of your masters that is so great, it is all the "little things" that you do. Thanks for being a music FAN first!

Take care,

Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.