Jethro Tull: Songs From The Wood 40th Anniversary Edition

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Kim Olesen, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

On my musical/video wishlist.

A very strong concert with the stage mimicking a ship central deck. The band UK was the opening act. Useless to say that it left some imprints on my DNA!

Runicen and Bonddm like this.
  2. whiskeyvengeance

whiskeyvengeance Forum Resident

Unfortunately Juno wrote to inform me it was out of stock. I ended up snagging it used (NM/NM) on Discogs for $63 shipped. More than I'd like to pay, but less than I was afraid I might have to. Thanks again for the tip!

electronicpaperboy likes this.
  3. electronicpaperboy

electronicpaperboy Forum Resident

Sorry to hear that, I had a few others lined up for you in case it all fell through, but result all the same, these were about £50 new, so about the same as discogs, enjoy the box set, the concert video is a gem.

tinnox likes this.
  4. electronicpaperboy

electronicpaperboy Forum Resident

Amazon UK is now saying 'No longer available'. 'We don't know when or if it will be in stock again.' So there you go, it looks like it has just about gone OOP. It also shows how many units SFTW must have shifted compared to those earlier boxsets given it was the latest release in the series. Grab them all while you can folks.

DaverJ likes this.
  5. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

Man, this went away quick!

6. Malina

Malina Forum Resident

It was a mistake by the seller, sorry. I grabbed the last copy and then they auto relisted with 5 more copies, then they cancelled the relisting.

7. DaverJ

DaverJ Forum Resident

Thanks for the push - I managed to grab a SFTW bookset new off eBay for ~$46 US shipped. More than I should have spent had I been collecting as they were released, but glad nonetheless I got one of my favs at a semi-reasonable price.

There's no hope for me to get an affordable and corrected Thick As a Brick bookset unless it gets a new production run - which I'm skeptical of that happening.

electronicpaperboy likes this.
  8. PROGGER

PROGGER Forum Resident

Hard choice between 77 and 78 Tull but horses is just that tiny bit better :cool:

9. Norco74

B
    Better than what?

10. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

I just got a copy from Amazon a couple of weeks ago which is defective, so I called for a replacement, which should be here in about ten days. I'll just swap out the defective disc and mail the old one back. Is is getting hard to find though as I had originally ordered it in January and it took until March to get here.

11. PROGGER

PROGGER Forum Resident

Sftw

Norco74 likes this.
  12. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I grabbed the same deal from the same seller. Not a horrible price. This one disappeared quickly. I didn't make the same mistake with Heavy Horses, it is already in hand. It would have sucked to have a Songs From The Wood hole in my Tull box collection.

electronicpaperboy and DaverJ like this.
  13. Norco74

I would say different. My preference is for SFTW.

SirMarc likes this.
  14. RockDude4492

RockDude4492 Forum Resident

So despite this being super out of print, I managed to find a local CO record store that had exactly one left in stock after perusing the internet for a few days. It’s on its way to me and should be in my hands Monday according to USPS. Very excited about this, I kept meaning to pick this up but foolishly put it off. Didn’t make the same mistake with Heavy Horses...

electronicpaperboy, DaverJ and Bonddm like this.
  15. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective

For those interested, I can get new copies of I think all of the remixed editions (at an elevated price though, around 100 $ depending which one).

16. yescool2002

yescool2002 Forum Resident

STAND UP THE ELEVATED EDITION is also going OOP I think

17. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

Amazon says shipping in 9-14 days for this. Anyone have an opinion whether that’s true or not?

18. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

Even Thick as A Brick!? That just being 100 bucks would be amazing haha

19. ian christopher

ian christopher Argentina (in Spirit)

Fantastic album for this time of the year.

Instant Dharma and tinnox like this.
  20. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

I have one on order that keeps getting pushed back. I have ordered this 2 times now and also have a copy on backorder from importcds.

Yeah it would be a shame to have this gap.

ermylaw likes this.
  21. Dave Gilmour's Cat

Dave Gilmour's Cat Forum Resident

If there’s more demand for these sets, why don’t they make them available for longer? Wish I’d bought it when it was at a sensible price.

22. raimiz1991inc

raimiz1991inc Forum Resident

That sucks, what was the defect?

23. j4yheindeo

j4yheindeo Forum Resident

24. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

This one says ships within 7-13 days which is as good as saying "not in stock, we'll send you one if we get them back in stock which often means highly unlikely or impossible but doesn't stop us from putting out a 7-13 day carrot".

SFTW disappeared from the marketplace unusually quick. Either this title was much more popular than the others or they underestimated demand and produced much fewer copies. It seems the others stayed in print longer (or remain in print to this day). I have all of these Tull reissues. Some I bought upon release and others later. SFTW is the only one which had me nervous that I'd actually get one for something close to the reasonable original price.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    DaverJ likes this.
  25. PROGGER

PROGGER Forum Resident

They need to release these again. Ian making a killing lol

DaverJ likes this.