Jethro Tull – Stormwatch remix

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PROGGER, Jun 11, 2018.

1. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

This was posted in the Tull thread over at QQ last week:

Carlox, pexie, DreamTull and 17 others like this.
  2. tootull

tootull Looking through a glass onion

:cool: Always thought Steven Wilson would be involved with Stormwatch.
    Dun Ringill is a favourite of Steven Wilson.

DonnyMe, Bonddm, tedhead and 4 others like this.
  3. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

tootull, DaveJ, nick99nack and 5 others like this.

4. That’s about the best combination of celebration emojis that I’ve ever seen on the SHF. :edthumbs:

5. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

6. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

7. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

What was the news, I'm getting "403 Forbidden Access to this resource on the server is denied!"

8. SJB

Thanks! For the soundtrack, imagine the Can-Can punctuated by the cannons from the 1812 Overture.

Quoted earlier in the thread: Jethro Tull – Stormwatch remix
    Apparently someone spoke to Steven Wilson's sound engineer, who said that he's "pretty sure" Wilson is currently working on a Jethro Tull remix with 20+ tracks. The engineer didn't say which album, but it's presumed that This Was is already finished, because an October release has already been announced, in which case Stormwatch would be the most likely candidate.

9. PROGGER

PROGGER Forum Resident Thread Starter

Very positive news :cool:

Don Beveridge likes this.
  10. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective

Coming earlier than expected?
    This site does not post rumoured, unconfirmed releases. Do I think it is good news.

IMWAN • From The Vaults

11. SJB

"Rick believes that it's coming, and so do I" isn't exactly what I'd call confirmation, but it leans in that direction. This is certainly a positive development, after Wilson's earlier statement that he might not have time for the project.

As for whether it's earlier than expected, the IMWAN post gives an unspecified date in 2019, which would be the 40th anniversary year. Stormwatch was released in September 1979, so the exact anniversary is still more than a year away. Plenty of time to track down John Evans for one last chance to contribute to the liner notes, and for Jakko to mix some live tapes! Also, I hope they're able to include the four songs recorded for radio in May 1980, as they represent Tull's last-ever recording session with the Evan-Barlow-Palmer lineup, and one of the radio tracks, "Peggy's Pub," isn't found on any Tull album.

Dok likes this.
  12. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

These limited edition Tull releases are going out of print at a pretty quick pace and resale prices are unreal.
    Never would have expected it but glad to have bought all of these at presale prices.:bdance:

13. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

They are total worth picking up at time of release and good news on Steve Wilson and Stormwatch

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  14. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective

Yes, it is not confirmed but it is very strange that IMWAN announces a future release with so much in advance. They usually start threads with the link of amazon preorders.

15. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

This is the only Tull album (well aside from TOTRAR) I have never really taken to. Some good songs in both places but a bit of a dead sound to them. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy the Book set, but it may not be an instabuy, especially if Wilson isn't involved in.

electronicpaperboy likes this.
  16. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

It is definitely a instabuy no doubt !

grbl likes this.
  17. Galeans

Galeans Forum Resident

Screen from The Jethro Tull Group on Facebook. Should be a realiable source as people involved in the boxsets are part of it :)

[​IMG]

18. MikeManaic61

MikeManaic61 Forum Resident

Steve kinda looks like an alien in disguise in that picture.

19. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Disguise? What makes you think he's merely human? o_O

Good news about SW's continued involvement in the series. Hooray!

20. DonnyMe

DonnyMe Forum Resident

Sounds like Somethings On The Move!

Pete Puma likes this.
  21. SJB

Yeah! Gone are the Dark Ages when it seemed like Wilson wouldn't do the project! Glad he's come Home to the Tull project! I . . . uh . . . can't wait 'til it's Dun.

. . . Ringill.

:hide:

Plan9, DaveJ, Bonddm and 1 other person like this.
  22. :edthumbs::bdance::edthumbs:

23. nedwho

nedwho Forum Resident

I’d never heard a Jethro Tull song ‘till these remixes came about. Now I have all the box sets bar TAAB and Benefit and will certainly be getting the upcoming releases.

Anyone involved in the preservation of an artist’s legacy should look at the JT campaign - it’s been brilliant for both established fans and new comers.

chrischerm, Mirsset, granata and 8 others like this.
  24. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

Hope it’s true. I love this album and love what SW has done with the Tull catalogue.

25. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

I’m tipping this’ll be sensational in 5.1!

footlooseman and Jimijam like this.