Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick 40th Anniversary Special Edition

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joepepitone, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

I honestly don't think the corrected version was ever included in the package. I've monitored 4 forums about this and no one ever received it without asking for it. OTOH, how many people actually would know there was a replacement disc if they didn't frequent an enthusiast forum? It's not like we're talking about a new album or extremely high sales numbers for the deluxe edition. EMI probably did one pressing and figured it wasn't worth the money to change it. Companies have done a lot worse for the same reason.

2. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

I got a corrected pressing when buying a new, sealed release. It was last year though.

ti-triodes likes this.
  3. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

Thanks. I'm glad I was wrong. You're the first person that's come forth and I've seen the question asked in every forum I read. But then again, most people don't complain when something goes right!

4. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I bought the corrected version package from burningshed.com.

Plan9 likes this.
  5. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

I ordered a sealed copy from Amazon UK recently (directly, not a third party reseller) on the assumption it was the corrected version.

It wasn't :(

6. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

Send it back. Have you tried Burning Shed. Pretty sure they would have the corrected version. (If they have it in stock)
    Good Luck Mate.

7. gabacabriel

Oh, yes, it's going back...haven't tried Burning Shed, as they are listing the package as deleted - which doesn't bode well for getting a replacement from them, I fear!

8. Carserguev

Carserguev Forum Resident

The same thing happened to me with Importcds... Customer service not good, they didn't even know what I was talking about. I even provided links to this forum and to the wikipedia page where the problem is listed! Nothing... If I want a refund I'd have to pay for shipping, which costs MORE than the offensive item itself... :sigh:
    I tried the link another kind forum member provided above ([email protected]), and got no reply at all... Maybe it's my poor English and I didn't explain myself properly; I'll have to try again? I'm seriously depressed, one of my favourite albums EVER and this happens... :(

footlooseman likes this.
  9. LuLu Reed

LuLu Reed Well-Known Member

Amoeba in SF had this marked down to 7 bucks, I'm sure these are uncorrected copies though...I paid full price on release there but got the replacement from EMI thru the mail.

10. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

You missed the boat, now you must pay. :cry:

11. mark renard

mark renard Senior Member

Anyone receive the corrected version from Amazon US?

12. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

How do we get a replacement dvd if we ordered from a third party seller? Is the manufacturer supplying one?

Carserguev likes this.
  13. Carserguev

That's what I'd like to know too...:help:

videoman likes this.
  14. Carserguev

That's, like, ummmmm, not very helpful at all!? :confused:

15. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

Doubtful, I'm afraid.:cry:

16. old school

old school Senior Member

Yes I did Amazon pulled all copies of the defected one's. And did not sell any again until they were corrected.

17. red corner

red corner Forum Resident

Jethro Tull's catalogue (formerly Chrysalis) is now handled by Parlophone/Warner, so you should contact them.
    I had an issue with an Italian EMI title a few months ago (Francesco Guccini's "Platinum Collection", a triple CD) and I wrote to Universal Music, since it's now theirs. They answered me.

I'm asking you: is this 40th anniversary edition still in print? It's becoming pricey at Amazon.it (more than 40 euros); other sellers have lower prices, but will they send the corrected ones?

18. mark renard

mark renard Senior Member

Thanks! I went and ordered this week!

old school likes this.
  19. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

I bought one on Ebay new for $18. It's not the corrected one but that's only for the 5.1. I don't do 5.1 anyway.

20. gabacabriel

I have to hand it to AmazonUK...they came through with a corrected version :)

I don't know if someone literally sat there opening all their copies until they found one with 'the line' or if they managed to get one direct from the record company...but I'm glad they made the effort!

One thing to mention in this regard - when I advised Amazon of the defective DVD, and that it was a known issue affecting the first pressing, they pulled their stock. So if/when they start selling again that should indicate they are selling the corrected version. If not, then complain - fingers crossed they'll come through again :)

Bronth, Ed Hughes and ti-triodes like this.
  21. Carserguev

Thanks... Still don't know what do do about my defective DVDhowever... I just can't afford to buy the thing all over again! :disgust:

22. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Anyone heard of any plans for this to be reissued by Warner?I'd love to see blu ray audio releases of Brick and Aqualung,too

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
    red corner likes this.
  23. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

Just took delivery of a sealed and corrected version recently ordered from Amazon US. I was quite nervous opening the packaging.

They're still out there but it's a gamble.

24. videoman

videoman Senior Member

I, too, recently bought a new sealed copy from a 3rd party seller on Amazon just a few weeks ago and got a defective one. Would love to get a replacement, but 3 quick blips won't be the end of the world for me either. I'll look into getting one from Warners.

One would think that when they pressed up replacement DVDs that they would have pressed as many as all the bad ones they issued.....

25. duneman

duneman Forum Resident

Hardly - most folks don't even notice that sort of thing. I'd be surprised if there was more than a 10% return rate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.