Jim Hager of The Hager Twins ("Hee Haw") dies at 66

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by reechie, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reechie

reechie Senior Member Thread Starter

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080502/tv_nm/hager_dc;_ylt=AnLF1dYBkZrnDe1EVB8YjkJxFb8C

Country musician Jim Hager dies at 66

Jim Hager, who gained fame performing with his twin, Jon, on the nationally syndicated comedy and music television show "Hee Haw," has died of a heart attack, a friend said.

Hager, 66, slumped over on Thursday in the parking lot of a coffee house, according to family friend Adam Dread. He was pronounced dead at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

Hager and his brother, natives of Chicago, won a management contract after performing at Disneyland in California. In 1969 they moved to "Hee Haw" in Nashville, where they became regulars on the show.

The duo also charted five country singles on Capitol Records.

"Hee Haw," which ended in the 1990s, featured music and comedy skits performed by celebrities and country stars including Buck Owens and Roy Clark.

2. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I hate to admit it but I used to watch Hee Haw and I hated country.. It was a fun show to watch and all the cute babes on it..

R.I.P. Jim.

3. Drawer L

Drawer L Forum Resident In Memoriam

Wow.Thought he was a lot younger.--There was a brief time,c.1970,when The Hager Twins were kind of being pushed as teen idols.I have several issues of 16 with stuff on them.

4. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

R.I.P...and thanks for all of the great music and laughs.

5. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Jim Hager will be missed. One of the best singer/comedians in country. RIP

6. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

This is sad. :sigh: I loved Hee Haw as a kid, and it's still something of a silly guilty pleasure for me. I have a few of the Time-Life DVDs, well worth getting for any country music fan.

RIP. :sigh:

dan c

7. rat1073

rat1073 Active Member

As huge Hee-Haw fans, then and now, we've debated, among my band members, the roll of the Hagers. I'm sure many of us here would have loved it had we been able to tune into the show and see Byrds, Burritos, Nelson, Nez, or Poco at the time, but it just wasn't to be at that point. I think that the Hagers presented an acceptable face to country rock that was safe enough for the audience of that show. Weren't they about the first long haired guys to be accepted by the country music mainstream?

8. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

They were among the first long haired guys to be accepted by the country music mainstream.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.