Jimmy Page says previously unheard Led Zeppelin music will be released for band's 50th anniversary

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bartels76, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ram4

Ram4 Lookin' good

My hope is the announcement of a series of live Zeppelin audio releases, including some 2 track live tapes from the earlier days (perhaps Bill Graham venues, Montreux shows, Germany 1970 shows with the reel to reel onstage, other festivals, etc), plus any mulitracked shows (most of which we are familiar with). Film and video are secondary to me.

RangerXT, ODShowtime and mpayan like this.
  2. Why? They were a shell of themselves from '75 on. I'd MUCH prefer live recordings from the '69-'72 period (well into the European tour of '73 when they were on fire especially in Germany).

3. The Doctor

The Doctor Forum Resident

Studio release of this awesome song?:

4. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

I'd rather have all those shows INDIVIDUALLY in complete form

:wave:

5. Mook

Mook Forum Resident

Have you heard the recently surfaced Seattle soundboard bootleg from May 1975?

It's absolutely stupendous.

Plant's voice lost something during 1972 & never fully recovered but they certainly had their moments live, subsequent to that.

BDC, RangerXT, Sean and 4 others like this.
  6. Yankeefan01

Yankeefan01 Forum Resident

Kashmir (the Lawrence of Arabia mix)

7. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Im in for this, so definitely looking forward to whatever it will be.

8. clarkydaz

clarkydaz Forum Resident

In My Time of Dying; Sneeze version

9. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

Jimmy Page says previously unheard Led Zeppelin music will be released for band's 50th anniversary.
    Robert Plant says stop living in the past.

Crimson Witch and Mr. Nastey like this.
  10. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

I'd rather hearing In My Time Of Dying (the clarkydaz Remix)...

clarkydaz likes this.
  11. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

Hopefully they'll finally release "Carnival of LED"...

;)

phillyal1, JoeF., Ram4 and 6 others like this.
  12. willy

willy hooga hagga hooga

A brand new studio album, Led Zeppelin V

13. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

I'm hoping for some complete concerts, as many as possible. Tops on my wish list would be Royal Albert Hall 1970, Japan 1971-72, and Earls Court 1975.

Rockin' Robby and DrBeatle like this.
  14. raimiz1991inc

raimiz1991inc Forum Resident

A concert release for every tour they ever made would be groundbreaking!

RangerXT, Sean, Dark Horse 77 and 2 others like this.
  15. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Whatever it is, I’ll probably end up getting it.

supernaut, RangerXT, Sean and 2 others like this.
  16. gonz

gonz Forum Resident

i'd like an album of isolated tracks. i love those.

DHamilton and petem1966 like this.
  17. The Hermit

The Hermit Wavin' that magick glowstick since 1976

Yes he does, as confirmed by Kevin Shirley; but the multi-track cut out early on the first night and Bonzo's kick drum wasn't recorded the second night... but the latter three shows are completely intact.

RangerXT, LC4O, Yankeefan01 and 2 others like this.
  18. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

Yep, no amount of autotuning and knob wizardry will ever make Plant's voice sound as good as it did '69-'71, which is why a mismatched set would be shortsighted.

Crimson Witch and DrBeatle like this.
  19. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

The January show is one of my favorite live recordings - I believe Spirit also played that night and Zep does Fresh Garbage?

Corrected information here, it was April 24:

Led Zeppelin - Fillmore West '69

THIS (the April 27th) show is absolutely amazing:

Led Zeppelin - Live Fillmore West Apr. 27th, 1969 San Francisco

20. Yes, I've had soundboard of both shows for awhile. Been listening to the audience tapes of the two Seattle '75 shows for over 20 years. They are two of the better shows from 1975. But they still pale in comparison to the early period of the band.

21. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

May 30th is available on bootleg, audience source. Don't think anything exists for the 31st boot wise.

They probably have board recordings of the shows or at least it's not unreasonable to think they might as it's very probable they were recording shows that way. But I doubt multi-tracks exist.

Hardy Melville likes this.
  22. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

77 multi-tracks? We don't even know if multi-tracks exist for Fillmore 69, Japan 72, Montreux 71, Australia 72...but no nothing from 77. Don't think Copenhagen was recorded to multi-track either.

But a chronological live album would be a complete let down for me unless it was a real "Sorry it's all we can salvage from these shows" scenario. Anything they have enough for a complete, or a complete as possible show, I'd prefer to have as a standalone release. It might be nice to hear a track of two from Japan 71 but I'd much rather have the whole show.

RangerXT and DrBeatle like this.
  23. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I wondr if he plans to adhere to his previous rule of not releasing anything that has already been bootlegged? I certainly.hope not especially if he is planning on releases.of live material.

24. nolazep

nolazep Burrito Enthusiast

The Fillmore East had a multi-track recorder under the stage in 1969 (straight from Eddie Kramer's mouth). My money is on Bath 1970, some sort of Japan 1971 compilation (based on bootleg "samples" and the fact that shows were multi-tracked), footage from Detroit 1977, and/or studio footage from the Led Zeppelin II sessions.

I've heard rumors about video footage from the 1972 Japan tour. At least the first hour of the 1977 Houston show (pro shot) is out there. No, I haven't seen it.

25. Hardy Melville

Hardy Melville Forum Resident

Yeah I figured it more likely than not the Fillmore West shows were recorded. But the NY shows I think it fair to say are generally remembered as universally awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.