Joey Ramone "Wonderful World" video

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jymn, Aug 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jymn

Jymn Formerly skysaxon Thread Starter

One of my favorite moments from the last few years in video is Joey Ramone's "Wonderful World." Not only is the song itself the best Ramone moment ever for me, the two little moments with his daughter are among the most life-affirming clips I've seen. When he sings, "I've seen babies cry," a home vid of his little girl appears with her dancing madly while Joey turns his head with the most beatific recognition-conspiratory smile only a parent could identify with. The other is him playing some board game with the two of them laughing at something we'll never know. But we do. It's a shared nuttiness that evades our culture now more than ever.

Even if you do not like the Silverline approach to their product line, this is good stuff you might like despite what you think. I've seen the Ramones countless times over the years and always thought they were too rigid and hip for their own good. But babies, this is good. Joey and daughter and two of the Dictators on one clip. Please. Can it get any better?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.