John Fogerty Talks Reuniting With Creedence Guitar After 44 Years

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by David P. Hill, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

If that was the case he'd probably have asked less than $40K when he initially showed it to Fogerty.

2. HarvG

HarvG Senior Member

I had the exact same reaction - first saw the thread title on my phone, reading it too quickly.

905 likes this.
  3. sixelsix

sixelsix Forum Resident

Good for him. I can think of one particular Ric I would love to have again. Have you seen how much a NEW one goes for these days?? Jeebers.

4. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

Well, if you do the math, it has had a longer journey without him... ;)

But, I'm glad that he's happy to have it back.

5. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

The most disturbing revelation is that he's never seen The Big Lebowski.

boboquisp and fallbreaks like this.
  6. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Well, we're talking about two different sellers here. The person who asked for $40,000 20 years ago ("Norm") is not the same person who sold Mrs. Fogerty the guitar now ("Gary"). We don't know how much Mrs. Fogerty paid, but it stands to reason it was significantly more than $40,000, since Gary likely had to pay that much to get the guitar in the first place.

My main point was that I don't see any advantage to buying the guitar anonymously. I think it's far more likely a dealer would offer a discount to Fogerty than they would to an anonymous buyer. A dealer may not be inclined to offer a discount at all (as Norm apparently wasn't) but to me it doesn't make sense to suggest they would try to charge Fogerty more than they would an anonymous buyer.

7. ExHead

ExHead Forum Resident

[​IMG]

8. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Nice story but not enough to forgive him for the hair (wig?) styling on this album cover:

[​IMG]

9. ExHead

ExHead Forum Resident

Worst is Robbie Robertson. Maybe this would make a good separate thread!!? Jeff Beck comes to mind right away. All in good fun
    [​IMG]

Fullbug likes this.
  10. Terry

Terry Senior Member

Um, I meant your picture, seeing that you have disparaged another's looks.

11. alchemy

alchemy Forum Resident

It intersting story.

Seems to have too many 12 year old boys in it.

12. He should sue Acme. But if he does, he'll have to get in line behind Wile E. Coyote.
    Wile E

13. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

He could've told the original seller that Stu Cook had written Take It Like A Friend and Sail Away on it…that'd knock a few grand off its value.

Fullbug likes this.
  14. Fullbug

Fullbug Forum Resident

That's hilarious... Title 15 U.S. Code § 2072 actually does pertain to suits for damages related to product liability.

15. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

16. ExHead

ExHead Forum Resident

You really want a pic of me??

17. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

Rickenbackers still come from the same place, buying vintage over new is just for nostalgia, not for any "sound" that cannot be got on new Rics...

18. 32XD Japan1

32XD Japan1 Forum Resident

Maybe the ogre Saul Zaentz owned his guitar. Him and Terry Knight will go down as two of the biggest lowlifes in rock n' roll.

sewerdog likes this.
  19. Worse than Lou Pearlman? I doubt it.

20. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

John doesn't wear a wig and didn't have plugs. He's just blessed with thick hair. Dyed, obviously, but it's all his. I've been just feet away from him during a show and he was sweating and swept the hair off his forehead often. There's not a single picture of John ever showing a hint of hair loss. Check out this TV appearance from a few years ago with Jools Holland. His hair is swept back instead of parted in the middle or hanging over his forehead. If THAT'S a wig I want one! Ron

Carserguev likes this.
  21. 32XD Japan1

32XD Japan1 Forum Resident

Was never a Back Street Boys fan so I didn't know who he was. Looked him up and he sounds worse.........

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  22. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 Senior Member

The Old Ric Is Down The Road

Paperback Writer likes this.
  23. O Don Piano

O Don Piano Senior Member

As a guitarist who lost my guitar and got it back after 13 years, I was more heartened to read this story!

Ern likes this.
  24. john needs to mend his fences talk with stu and doug get the three of them back together have his son play rhythm guitar and hit the road millons for all involved give the fans what they want

David P. Hill likes this.
  25. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

At this point in time, I doubt that there are millions clambering for a CCR reunion. The audience for a CCR reunion is likely no bigger than the crowds that Fogerty pulls in for his solo tours (mostly theaters in the USA), and there is no way that there would be a huge rush to suddenly gobble up tickets and fill a Madison Square Garden arena now. If they had reunited in the late 1980s or 1990s, yes, they could have done a massive arena tour for sure. But now, the train has passed for that type of reaction.

Just my humble opinion of course.

Anyhow, I don't ever see John mending fences enough to play with Doug and Stu again. I'd be amazed if John even could have a warm conversation with either Doug or Stu. That would be a miracle enough.

wayne66, IronWaffle and mpayan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.