John Fogerty Talks Reuniting With Creedence Guitar After 44 Years

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by David P. Hill, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krock2009

krock2009 Forum Resident

Those "John Fogerty Jogging" are a laugh riot. Man looks like he's about to take a heart attack in a few of them.

2. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

No pain, no Art.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  3. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

true. but it would be nice.

DrBeatle and S. P. Honeybunch like this.
  4. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

If only his attitude is improved, that is a good thing. I don't expect these people to ever be together again, but maybe the hard feelings will fade away.

5. the pope ondine

fine, fine. heres a pic

[​IMG]

petem1966 likes this.
  6. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Nice, yes, because it would sort of complete the circle, and make everyone happy --- like world peace.

But if you really think about it, would the music be better? Right now, if we want a reunion, we'd have to go back to the trio status, like during the last tours of CCR in 1971 and 1972. However, I doubt that they'd allow themselves to remain as a trio even if a miracle did occur and they reunited (which I still say would never happen). Instead, we'd get a supplement of other musicans backing them up. I think Fogerty's band and Doug/Stu's band each contain about 5-7 members. So despite John's guitar prowess and vocals, and despite Doug/Stu's impeccable CCR-sounding groove, it would sound like something else with all the extra musicians. Sure--the songs are classics, and the thrill would be incredible for CCR lovers. But I don't think they'd really capture the old sound because that old comraderie and intuition in a musical sense is gone between John and Doug/Stu. Even if they made up and acted nice, it would still be like trying to re-bake a cake. You can't do it (even if it would still taste good in a way).

7. the pope ondine

yeah I was thinking about that as well, no way would they do it as a real trio or even with one more guitarist.
    for me, just the three of them going through their songbook for the first time in decades would be a nice capper, as rusty and sloppy as it might be.
    but I agree neither of those things are going to happen

Arnold Grove likes this.
  8. Pierino

Pierino Forum Resident

Other than The Beatles, doesn't everybody reunite? It'll happen.

9. Arnold Grove

Maybe if somehow it happened as a spontaneous one-off, then it could sort of work. For instance: Both John and Doug/Stu are on separate tours, and both their touring trucks/buses break down in the same country town in the middle of nowhere. And there is only 1 bar in that town, and they just jump on the little stage at the bar, and let bygones be bygones, and bang out a 60-minute set for old-time sake. And then get their respective trucks fixed and never talk again. That could work.. ;)

BluesOvertookMe and boboquisp like this.
  10. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

I read the interview. I did not know that the members of Creedence was at odds with each other.

Davmoco likes this.
  11. Arnold Grove

"Someday Never Comes"

krock2009, Mark E. Moon and Pierino like this.
  12. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

Let's bitch about John getting his guitar back, good people.

13. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

Talking Heads, The Smiths and The Jam all beg to differ.

videoman and Dudley Morris like this.
  14. Arnold Grove

I think that the only thing that John and Doug/Stu agree upon is that they'll never agree to reunite... ;)

arisinwind and videoman like this.
  15. IMO, men should never dye their hair. It's always obvious, and always looks ridiculous.

On a related note, in 1996 I sold my Gibson EB3 bass to private party. I placed an ad in the newspaper, and the first person to call about it bought it.

Four years later, I was at a guitar show in my home town, and saw my old bass for sale at one of the dealer booths. They were asking $450 more than I sold it for four years earlier. Live and learn...

16. videoman

videoman Senior Member

I agree that the audience for a reunited CCR probably isn't that big. It wouldn't be like The Beatles reuniting or even Brian Wilson and Mike Love.

Most people couldn't name Doug Clifford and Stu Cook or tell you which guy played which instrument.

BluesOvertookMe, Carserguev and DTK like this.
  17. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

You might be able to convince the three remaining guys to share a stage. But if the chemistry and comradery isn't there then all you're done is check boxes.

To get them back on stage with an us versus the world let's show them mentality? That would be the golden prize but the one that really will never happen.

18. Arnold Grove

Or is it Doug Cook and Stu Clifford? ;)

videoman likes this.
  19. the pope ondine

the end. roll credits. not a dry eye in the house.

jamesmaya and Mazzy like this.
  20. Arnold Grove

Hmmm... That's not a bad idea. Just make a film about that reunion scenario happening, and just film the 60-minute set at some unknown bar. Then they can go their separate ways after, with no other contact with each other.

jamesmaya likes this.
  21. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

If I was him I'd buy a treadmill...

DrBeatle and krock2009 like this.
  22. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

Seems a little late for a reunion. His voice didn't sound good on Howard Stern. Maybe he sounds better in concert backed by a band? Wish it happened 20 years ago...

23. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

....some bar in Lodi....

24. PRW94

PRW94 Forum Resident

I would think Fogerty's book wouldn't have just burned but incinerated any bridges. He practically said that in the studio he personally placed and moved Cook's fingers on the bass frets and personally guided Clifford's hands with the drum sticks in them down to the drum heads to "get what he wanted," and that they just wanted to be rock stars and party while he was driven and serious about his craft.

25. Arnold Grove

And just to be on the safe side, Fogerty also wiped Clifford's ***:

[​IMG]

Yep, anger management is not one of Fogerty's better qualities.

arisinwind and PRW94 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.