John Mahoney (“Frasier”) dies at 77

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Feb 5, 2018.

1. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

I wonder if any of the TV networks or channels will be doing a tribute to him like maybe COZI TV or something.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. Jacline

Jacline Forum Resident

3. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

In addition to his fantastic role on Frasier, I thought he was really good in Primal Fear.

R.I.P.

4. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Forum Resident

And tonight, I finished the series. It was especially moving when Martin says teary-eyed to Frasier "Thank you, Frasier... for, you know..."

Lots of actors try to act way too much. This man had a gift of doing it in such a seemingly effortless manner.

Too bad he decided to stick with the theater as I would've liked to see him in many more movies and TV shows but he's left a great legacy, one that I'll continue to enjoy for decades to come.

Thank you, John... for, you know...

5. The Hud

The Hud Seventh Hud of a Seventh Hud

COZI TV is doing a "Best of Martin" marathon right now!

6. MikaelaArsenault

I saw that yesterday! And guess what happened to be one of the episodes?

Martin Does It His Way! :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  7. Rocker

Rocker Forum Resident

Frasier is probably my favourite sitcom of all-time, so this news was especially sad for me.... John Mahoney was absolutely fantastic as Martin Crane.

Although he was most well-known for his role on Frasier, I always enjoyed seeing him in movies as well... he often played supporting roles and therefore wasn't usually among the top-billed actors, so it was always a nice surprise when he appeared on screen. (eg. Primal Fear, The Hudsucker Proxy, Striking Distance, In the Line of Fire, Barton Fink, Say Anything, Frantic, Suspect, Tin Men).

I see on IMDb that he even voiced Sideshow Bob's father in an episode of The Simpsons in 2007... I don't think I've seen that particular episode, but now I'm extremely curious! The old episode from 1997 with David Hyde Pierce as Bob's brother was brilliant.

8. Strat-Mangler

Speaking of cartoons, I believe he also voiced the crazy army general in The Iron Giant.

9. MikaelaArsenault

Where's the statement from David Hyde Pierce?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. Strat-Mangler

11. MikaelaArsenault