Johnny Cash "At Folsom Prison" Discogs Sales History

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Quakerism, Aug 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quakerism

Quakerism Serial number 141467. Thread Starter

I recently acquired a Johnny Cash “At Folsom Prison”. Checking it on Discogs I discovered an unbelievable sales history with an outlier of $300 for a mint sealed example. If I saw a second high seller, I would suspect a little scam but this was a one time deal. Not sure what to make of it. Any ideas?

Discogs Login

2. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

It was sealed. Mint/Mint grading. I don't think it's worth that much but somebody did.

Dave and GroovyVinylDood like this.
  3. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

Yeah. Some things just go for crazy prices. I guess some people have money to burn and don't really care. They can afford to not have patience.

4. Quakerism

I have a mint sealed Tommy Dorsey - Greatest Hits.....anybody got some money to burn?

Dave likes this.
  5. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

During the initial eBay gold rush, my brother would sell refurbished Atari 2600 kits complete with games for not much less than a current Microsoft or PlayStation bundle. We figured most of the buyers were doctors, dentists, realtors and the like. If you're making six or seven figures a year, what do you really care about the difference between $50 and $300?

Dave likes this.
  6. GroovyVinylDood

GroovyVinylDood Forum Resident

Exactly. Some buyer got something they wanted and the seller got a premium (IMHO) for the sale. At the end of the something is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

Chemguy likes this.
  7. Kingsley Fats

Kingsley Fats Forum Resident

It's not what I would spend $300 on

8. Quakerism

There are two more offers for sale of sealed copies......around the $300 mark. I’ll be interested to see how long they sit there. Sealed vinyl is a mystery. Is the record warped...is it the variation you expect?

9. Quakerism

That $300 sales record disappeared.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.