Johnny Cash : Rest In Peace

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lennonfan, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Back with June at last. RIP, John

2. KBanya

KBanya Active Member

My first introduction to music was Johnny Cash. My Dad would play 'At Folsom Prison' over an over again, downstairs in his "music room". Johnny has always remained one of my favorite storytellers. He had a unique way of making you laugh ('Flushed From The Bathroom of Your Heart), He could paint gritty pictures with words ('25 Minutes to Go'). His footprint on American music will never fade. This man was indeed a legend. His music will always remain special to me. I will miss him. Thanks, Johnny.

3. reechie

reechie Senior Member

Cash is gone, long live the Man In Black.

Rest well old friend.

4. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Just fired off an e-mail to Rosanne Cash. I am sure she is in a lot of pain
    She was very close to June. Now this.
    Guess I have some listening to do this weekend
    Rest in Peace Johnny Cash

Peace-
    Norm

5. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Seems like we're losing someone on a weekly basis. No one is there to replace them. These are big loses.

RIP John and Johnny.

6. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

I've known this was coming, and been dreading it, for some time. Farewell to one of the absolute giants of American music.

7. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

My thoughts go out to his family and friends. He will be sadly missed, but not forgotten.

Regards,
    Geoff

8. Man I'm bummed out today. Johnny Cash, John Ritter both gone. Warren Zevon passed away the other day.

It's my father's 77th birthday today in Winnipeg. My dad has had Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma disease for many years now, which has baffled the doctors at the cancer clinic back home. This disease usually takes people in 6 months to 2 years. My dad was diagnosed with it in 1988 and the doctors think he's had it since 1986. I thank the Lord that he is still with us. I left him a phone message a few minutes ago and sang happy birthday to him. Don't know about the rest of you, but it's sure tough living 800 miles away from your parents and only seeing them once or twice a year.

OK, back to the topic.

Johnny Cash rest in peace. I hope you are with June now. My thoughts and prayers are with Rosanne and the rest of Johnny's family.

9. Aquateen

Aquateen Forum Resident

This is so odd because yesterday I was watching Cash on an episode of Columbo and remeber feeling really sad because I knew he was going to die soon. :(

10. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

We all knew, Aqua. :(

I brought Man Comes Around with me to work (also for the car) because it was as if I already missed him.

THEN I hear the last 1/3 of a report "Dead at 71". I knew that was Johnny even though I didn't hear the woman SAY his name.

I just really hope he left in no pain.

11. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

12. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

For one day the polyester poseurs will have to acknowledge what country music is really all about. What a good, good man. Goodbye Johnny.

13. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

When I'd heard this Wednesday that Johnny Cash was released from the hospital, I was riding on the hope that he would be with us for a while longer. Rest in peace, Mr. Cash. Thank you for your music and for your integrity.

Jim W.

14. syogusr

syogusr New Member

June and Johnny are together once again, man it is really hard now to watch the 'Hurt' video.

Rest in Peace, Johnny, you will be missed by all.

15. RDK

RDK Active Member

As others have said, this may not be surprising news, but it is sad and shocking nonetheless.

After the death of most artists, I'll often console myself by listening to their music. But I'm not sure if I'll be able to listen to a Cash album for a while. "Man Comes Around" nearly brought me to tears when Johnny was still around; now I fear I'd be weeping like a baby if I heard him sing "Hurt" or "The First Time Ever I Saw Her Face."

At least he's now reunited with June. R.I.P.

16. tone ded freb

tone ded freb Senior Member

RIP MIB. Maybe he and June are up there somewhere singing "Darlin' Companion."

17. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

Hopefully this is not a thread crap, but does anyone have a link or know where "Hurt" can be viewed? I may be the only JC fan who has not seen it. Thanks.

18. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

Cnn.com has it right now...

19. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

thanks.

20. Mike

Mike New Member

You better have some tissues with you. It is tough to watch. :(

21. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

I'm very saddened by the death of Johnny Cash. His cover of "Hurt" is one of the most moving songs I've ever heard.

The world is going to miss the man in black.

22. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

I only have "The Man Comes Around" on vinyl. My wife has been wanting the CD for some time now, and I managed to reserve a copy at the local Borders store.

The version I'm getting has a bonus DVD with the video for "Hurt." You might want to look for that if you don't already own "When the Man Comes Around."

23. jgrig0

jgrig0 Active Member

Johnny was truly a great artist and will be missed by all of his fans. He might have been the first R&R Hall of fame artist to keep putting out NEW hit CDs into his 70s. Our only consolation is in the knowledge that he and June are now reunited. RIP

24. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

The Man In Black will definitely be missed. A great guy and entertainer but his legend will always live on.

25. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Mark:
    My version of his most recent CD came with a mini DVD with that video
    I't's amazing
    Best-
    Norm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.