Johnny Cash Treated for Pneumonia

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dan C, Mar 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer Thread Starter

Prayers and thoughts to the Man in Black for a full recovery. :thumbsup:
    Dan C

Mar 14, 2:02 PM (ET)

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Johnny Cash is being treated at a Nashville hospital for pneumonia, a hospital spokeswoman said.

The 71-year-old singer, who was admitted Monday to Baptist Hospital, is in stable condition, said Melissa Cantrell.

"He has a slight case of pneumonia and we expect to release him soon," she said.

Cash's manager, Lou Robin, said the singer is expected to be released sometime early next week.

Cash, who has scored dozens of hits including "I Walk the Line" and "A Boy Named Sue," suffers from autonomic neuropathy, a disease of the nervous system that makes him susceptible to pneumonia. Robin said Cash was diagnosed with the disease about 15 months ago.

He was hospitalized in August for an allergic reaction, and twice in the fall of 2001 for bronchitis.

2. Stax Fan

Stax Fan Forum Resident

Here's hopin' for a speedy recovery.

Sounds like he's in a pretty vulnerable condition these days. No doubt he's doing his best to stay healthy.

Get well soon, Johnny.

3. Matt

Matt New Member

If that's really the whole story, it sounds like he'll probably be all right. Hang in there, Johnny!

4. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Don't let us down, John! Make a full recovery. You're the greatest!

ED:cool:

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Get well Johnny!

6. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

It's nothing short of amazing that he's made these albums in the past 4 years. They're possibly my favorite Cash records ever.

You ain't done yet, Johnny. Hope some of his old friends get to cheer him up. He's a strong willed man. An American icon, classic and inspiration.

7. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus

What a legend! I can always depend on a Cash album to get me through a hard day. Get well soon J.R.! :)

8. lennonfan

lennonfan New Member

here's hoping The Man Comes Around :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.