Johnny Rotten on The Police reunion.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jackson, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Senior Member

That's saying nothing. I'm not sure if it's any better than Zwan anyway actually.

2. :agree: A great album, but only one.

Nice talk John Lydon. You don't want to hear Sting "squeal" through another rendition of "Roxanne". Maybe there are others out here who don't want to see a 51 year old man with dyed/spike hair have another go at "God Save The Queen". "We mean it man!" :laugh:

Sex Pistols are reforming again for a 30th anniversay gig which is now turning into 3 gigs. Who's the money grubber now? :rolleyes:

3. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member

4. Dave W S

Dave W S New Member

Anything for publicity. Mean-spirited loathing sells, especially to punk fans.

5. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Senior Member

Anyone noticed the author of the article's name? :D

6. Mr Sam

Mr Sam "...don't look so good no more"

IMO Sting is, definitely.

7. johnny 99

johnny 99 Down On Main Street

Nonsense! I saw both these "reunion" shows (The Police and Genesis) in Toronto recently and they were both great.
    As for "The Doors Of The 21st Century" with Ian Astbury (The Cult) on vocals; in 2004 they played in Toronto at The Molson Ampitheatre and blew away 6000 people! They were fantastic. I took a friend of mine who was into The Doors as a kid (like I was; WHEN Morrison was alive!) and we were both blown away. Fantastic thanks to the chemistry between Ian and Ray and Robbie; it really worked.

8. zen

zen Senior Member

Deep Purple's Steve Morse years? They've made three great albums.
    Oh well, your loss. :)

9. Dave W S

Dave W S New Member

Just out curiousity, by what measure does a reunion fail in your opinion? Poor performances, lack of ticket sales, both..? I saw ELP on that tour and they put on a great show.

10. zen

zen Senior Member

Agreed. The ELP tour and album were both really good.

11. Dave W S

Dave W S New Member

It seems Black Moon gets unfairly bashed a lot, I like the album. If people want to bash an ELP album, bash that last one they did, I don't even remember the name of it. I wasn't especially fond of that one.

12. turniton1181

turniton1181 Past the Audition

Dead Carcasses? Hardly.

I'm getting so tired of this rock dinosaurs discussion. You know, as a young fan I did not EVER have the pleasure of paying $10 to see my favorite bands in their prime. Beatles - never. Police - broke up when I was 2. Genesis - hit their peak when I was a toddler and stopped touring when I was in 4th grade.

Thanks to these "dead carcasses", I've been able to see Ringo and three of his All-Starr tours. I've seen the reunited Police and Genesis shows. And I'm glad I did on all accounts - because there was some GREAT stuff going on at these shows.

Don't wanna / can't pay so much to see something so good anymore? Oh well :rolleyes:

13. phil1db

phil1db Senior Member

and Rotten/Lydon knows that :D but like most reunion tours the fans and the curious will turn out

I hope he makes enough for a comfortable old age -if it works a reunion can be the best pension plan a musician might get

14. butch

butch Senior Member

I'm one of the few people who likes what Lydon said!!His memoir "No Blacks,No Dogs ,No Irish" was quite a cheeky look back at the Pistols and Rotten's life.Is what he said about the Police the pot calling the kettle black?Yes and No.Yes,because he's an old irrelevant never was. I'm a fan of his,but let's face it he slums with the Pistols(who look older than Whistler's mum),only for the money,which he freely admits and I respect him for that.No,because he loves playing the role of the enfant terrible of Rock and Roll and he does it oh so well.In essence,Johnny and the Pistols have become doddering old fools ,but they still "ACT" like snarly witty dogs!

15. brettster808

brettster808 Forum Resident

This is the same fake controversy shtick Rotten did the first time around. Be punky and bash the sacred cows to get publicity.

Remember when Rotten was bashing the Who (and others) after "Bollocks" came out and then met Townsend backstage somewhere? Pete told him he was right, that the Who were dinosaurs and that they should break up. Rotten responded by pleading with Pete to keep the Who together.

16. Mr X

Mr X Forum Resident

Not too many around here seem to understand that "Johnny Rotten" is a character played by John Lydon. Played very well, I'd say.

BTW, The New York Dolls are one band that still gives great show.

17. reechie

reechie Senior Member

Wait...did somebody think Johnny was going to say he liked The Police reunion? :wtf: :D

18. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

I think Johnny is more famous for his attitude than for his music , so his comments aren't unexpected.

19. johnny 99

johnny 99 Down On Main Street

Never mind the comments, here's one of the greatest Rock records of the 70's:agree:

20. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

How can a band reunite when they never broke up in the first place? :confused:

21. Larry L

Larry L Senior Member

I always enjoy reading whatever Rotten has to say. Funny guy.

22. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

That's my Johnny! :D I take everything he says with a grain of salt, but I always love hearing what he has to say, like the previous poster.

By the way, has anyone seen the "Megabugs" dvd Discovery Channel <in Europe> put out that John hosted? Incredible, funny stuff - highly recommended. Another reason I'll always own a multi-region dvd player....

23. SEnglish

SEnglish Forum Resident

This is not true - Townshend met Steve Jones and Paul Cook not Rotten on the night he refers to in "Who Are You", if I remember rightly Cook was the one who told Townshend he liked the Who and didn't want them to split

24. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Senior Member

Exactly. Some people don't get it do they.

25. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

How can anyone begrudge a band reuniting and touring? Why not? That is what those guys love, playing, performing and making money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.