Judas Priest Vinyl re-issues for 2010

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Deuce66, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

http://www.backonblack.com/classicrock_index.htm

BACK ON BLACK TO RELEASE JUDAS PRIEST CATALOGUE
    Back on Black is proud to announce that 2010 will see the release of the original classic Judas Priest albums on vinyl

All albums will be 180gsm heavyweight vinyl and packaged in deluxe gategold sleeves. The first 1000 copies of each title will come in limited edition coloured vinyl. All editions will contain bonus tracks as per the Sony Remastered issues.

Pre-order Now

Judas Priest - Stained Class
    DELUXE DOUBLE 180 GRAM LIMITED EDITION GATEFOLD RED VINYL REISSUE OF JUDAS PRIESTS FOURTH ALBUM.

A popular album in the band's catalogue, Stained Class showcased a more streamlined songwriting style while not compromising on the band's trademark heavy metal riffs. The production is crisper, clearer, and cleaner than any of their preceding albums. This is the only Judas Priest album to feature songwriting by all five members (one of Ian Hill's few contributions to the songwriting process for the band, and the sole contribution thereof by then-drummer Les Binks - the guitar riff for Beyond the Realms of Death). Following this album the band broke its songwriting team down to Rob Halford, K.K. Downing and Glenn Tipton, with occasional contributions solely by Tipton. Side A 1. Exciter 5:34 2. White Heat , Red Hot 4:20 3. Better By You , Better Than Me 3:25 Side B 4. Stained Glass 5:18 5. Invader 4:12 6. Saints In Hell 5:29 Side C 7. Savage 3:28 8. Beyond The Realms Of Death 6:52 9. Heroes End 5:01 Side D 10. Fire Burns Below 6:59* 11. Better By You, Better Then Me (Live) 3:41* *BONUS TRACKS

Pre-order Now - released 22 02 10

Judas Priest - Sin After Sin
    DELUXE DOUBLE 180 GRAM LIMITED EDITION GATEFOLD GREEN VINYL REISSUE OF JUDAS PRIESTS THIRD ALBUM.

This was the band's first album on Columbia Records after their contract with Gull Records was terminated, as a consequence of which they lost all rights to Rocka Rolla and Sad Wings of Destiny, and any other demo recordings made during the production of the two albums This album featured the drum work of a young and upcoming session drummer, Simon Phillips, who was only 19 at the time of recording. The record features a cover of Joan Baez's "Diamonds & Rust", a track that would become a live favourite from then onwards. The album was remastered in 2001, with two bonus tracks added. One of the bonus tracks "Race With The Devil" was at first intended to take the place of "Diamonds & Rust" but their producer, Roger Glover (of Deep Purple fame), wanted them to switch to "Diamonds & Rust", saying that "It would fit along with the rest of the album better." Side A 1. Sinner 6:45 2. Diamonds & Rust 3:27 3. Starbreaker 4:49 Side B 4. Last Rose Of Summer 5:37 5. Lets Us Prey / Call For The Priest 6:13 Side C 6. Raw Deal 6:00 7. Here Come The Tears 4:36 Side D 8. Dissedent Aggressor 3:08 9. Race With The Devil 3:07* 10. Jawbreaker (Live) 4:02* *BONUS TRACKS

Pre-order Now - released 22 02 10

Judas Priest - Killing Machine
    undefined

Killing Machine is the fifth studio album by British heavy metal band Judas Priest, released in November 1978. The album was Judas Priest's first stab at a "different" sound and was created at about the same time that the band members adopted their now-famous "leather-and-studs" style. Side A 1. Delivery The Goods 4:17 2. Rock Forever 3:20 3. Evening Star 4:06 4. Hell Bent For Leather 2:41 5. Take On The World 3:01 6. Burnin Up 4:07 Side B 7. The Green Manalishi (With The Two Pronged Crown) -3:23 8. Killing Machine 3:02 9. Running Wild 2:29 10. Before The Dawn 3:32 11. Evil Fantasies 4:15 12. Fight For Your Life 4:06* 13. Riding On The Wind (Live) 3:16* *BONUS TRACKS

Pre-order Now - released 22 03 10

Judas Priest - British Steel
    DELUXE 180 GRAM LIMITED EDITION GATEFOLD CLEAR VINYL REISSUE OF JUDAS PRIESTS SIXTH ALBUM.

British Steel was recorded at Tittenhurst Park, home of former Beatle Ringo Starr, after a false start at Startling Studios, a recording studio located on Tittenhurst's grounds. Sampling did not yet exist at the time of recording, so the band recorded the sounds of smashing milk bottles to be included in "Breaking the Law", as well as various sounds in "Metal Gods" produced by "trays of cutlery" and "billiard cues". It was released in the UK at a discount price of 3.99, with the advertisements in the music press bearing the legend, "British Steal". Songs "Breaking the Law", "United", and "Living After Midnight" were released as singles, while the track "Metal Gods" earned the band members their moniker. Side A 1. Rapid Fire 4:08 2. Metal Gods 4:01 3. Breaking The Law 2:36 4. Grinder 3:58 5. United 3:36 6. You Dont Have To Be Old To Be Wise 5:04 Side B 7. Living After Midnight 3:31 8. The Rage 4:44 9. Steeler 4:30 10. Red , White & Blue 3:49 11. Grinder (Live) 4:49

Pre-order Now - released 19 04 10

Judas Priest - Point Of Entry
    DELUXE DOUBLE 180 GRAM LIMITED EDITION GATEFOLD ORANGE VINYL REISSUE OF JUDAS PRIESTS SEVENTH ALBUM.

In 1980 Judas Priest garnered some airplay with "Breaking the Law" and "Living After Midnight" from their album British Steel. As a result the band pursued a more radio friendly direction on Point of Entry. Three singles were released from the album: "Heading Out to the Highway", "Don't Go" and "Hot Rockin' ", all of which had accompanying music videos. Side A 1. Heading Out To The Highway 3:47 2. Dont Go 3:18 3. Hot Rockin 3:18 Side B 4. Turning Circles 3:42 5. Desert Plains 4:37 6. Solar Angels 4:04 Side C 7. You Say Yes 3:29 8. All The Way 3:43 9. Troubleshooter 4:01 Side D 10. On The Run 3:48 11. Thunder Road 5:12* 12. Desert Plains 5:06* *BONUS TRACKS

Pre-order Now - released 19 04 10

Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance
    DELUXE DOUBLE 180 GRAM LIMITED EDITION GATEFOLD YELLOW VINYL REISSUE OF JUDAS PRIESTS EIGHTH ALBUM.

The album was recorded at Ibiza Sound Studios, Ibiza, Spain and mixed at Beejay Recording Studios and Bayshore Recording Studios in Florida. It was first released on July 17, 1982. A re-mastered CD was released in May 2001. The album reached #11 in the UK and #17 on Billboard 200 Pop Albums and made Judas Priest much more popular than they were after their British Steel album. It went Gold (RIAA) on October 29, 1982, Platinum on April 18, 1983 and Double Platinum on October 16, 2001, being their first album to achieve the two latter awards. Side A 1. The Hellion 0:43 2. Electric Eye 3:39 3. Riding On The Wind 3:10 Side B 4. Bloodstone 3:53 5. (Take These) Chains 3;08 6. Pain And Pleasure 4:16 Side C 7. Screaming For Vengeance 4:43 8. Youve Got Another Thing Coming 5:10 9. Fever 5:22 Side D 10. Devils Child 4:51 11. Prisoner Of Your Eyes 7.12* 12. Devils Child (Live) 5:02* *BONUS TRACKS

Pre-order Now - released 24 05 10

Judas Priest - Defenders Of The Faith
    DELUXE DOUBLE 180 GRAM LIMITED EDITION GATEFOLD BLUE VINYL REISSUE OF JUDAS PRIESTS NINTH ALBUM.

The album was recorded at Ibiza Sound Studios, Ibiza, Spain and mixed from September to November 1983 at DB Recording Studios and Bayshore Recording Studios in Miami, Florida. The LP & cassette tape were released on January 4, 1984 TRACKLIST Side A 1. Freewheel Burning 4:25 2. Jawbreaker 3:28 3. Rock Hard Ride Free 5:35 Side B 4. The Sentinel 5:04 5. Love Bites 4:48 6. Eat Me Alive 3:36 Side C 7. Some Heads Are Gonna Roll 4:08 8. Night Comes Down 4:01 9. Heavy Duty 2:26 10. Defenders Of The Faith 1:29 Side D 11. Turn On Your Light 5:24* 12. Heavy Duty/Defenders Of The Faith (Live) 5:27* *BONUS TRACKS

Pre-order Now - released 24 05 10

Judas Priest - Turbo
    DELUXE DOUBLE 180 GRAM LIMITED EDITION GATEFOLD WHITE VINYL REISSUE OF JUDAS PRIESTS TENTH ALBUM.

The album was recorded at Compass Point Studios in Nassau, Bahamas and mixed January - February 1986 at Record Plant Studios in Los Angeles, California. This album was first released on April 15, 1986. A remastered CD was released in 2002, adding two bonus tracks. The album marked the band's first use of guitar synthesizers. Following the success of their previous album, Defenders of the Faith, Judas Priest initially recorded a double album called "Twin Turbos", which was never released. Instead, the material was split, with the more commercial songs appearing on Turbo. While it sold well initially, going Gold (RIAA) on June 10, 1986 and Platinum on July 24, 1987 and reaching #33 in the UK and #17 on Billboard 200, Side A 1. Turbo Lover 5:33 2. Locked In 4:19 3. Private Property 4:30 Side B 4. Parental Guidance 3:26 5. Rock You All Around The World 3:38 6. Out In The Cold 6:27 Side C 7. Wild Nights , Hot & Crazy Days 4:40 8. Hot For Love 4:12 9. Reckless 4:20 Side D 10. All Fired Up 4:45* 11. Locked In (Live) 4:25* *BONUS TRACK

Pre-order Now - released 21 06 10

Judas Priest - Ram It Down
    DELUXE DOUBLE 180 GRAM LIMITED EDITION GATEFOLD BLUE VINYL REISSUE OF JUDAS PRIESTS ELEVENTH ALBUM.

In 1986, Judas Priest intended to record a double album called Twin Turbos of which half would be lighter, more commercial rock, and the other half would be similarly polished but heavier and less synth-driven. As it happened, record labels being notoriously timid about double albums, the project was split into two releases, with the heavier Twin Turbos material being relegated to this later album. While it largely failed to capture the metal public's approval, elements such as the more technical drumming, high speeds, and sci-fi themes prefigured their return-to-form Side A 1. Ram It Down 4:49 2. Heavy Metal 5:58 3. Love Zone 3:59 Side B 4. Come And Get It 4:07 5. Hard As Iron 4:08 6. Blood Red Skies 7:51 Side C 7. Im A Rocker 3:59 8. Johnny B Goode 4:39 9. Love You To Death 4:37 Side D 10. Monsters Of Rock 5:31 11. Night Comes Down (Live) 4:33* 12. Bloodstone (Live) 4:05* *BONUS TRACKS

Pre-order Now - released 21 06 10

Judas Priest - Painkiller
    DELUXE DOUBLE 180 GRAM LIMITED EDITION GATEFOLD RED VINYL REISSUE OF JUDAS PRIESTS TWELFTH ALBUM.

The album was recorded at Miraval Studios, Brignoles, France in early 1990, and mixed at Wisseloord Studios, Hilversum, the Netherlands later that year. It was the first album with current drummer Scott Travis. The original LP, cassette and CD versions were released on September 3, 1990. Judas Priest returned to their classic '70s style, while borrowing contemporary speed metal techniques, resulting in their most critically acclaimed album in a decade. The album is viewed by some as the quintessential speed metal album and the style proved highly influential to European power metal bands such as Gamma Ray and Primal Fear. Side A 1. Painkiller 6:07 2. Hell Patrol 3:37 3. All Guns Blazing 3:57 Side B 4. Leather Rebel 3:35 5. Metal Meltdown 4:50 6. Night Crawler 5:44 Side C 7. Between The Hammer & The Anvil 4:49 8. A Touch Of Evil 5:44 9. Battle Hymn 0:56 Side D 10. One Shot At Glory 6:48 11. Living Bad Dreams 5:22* 12. Leather Rebel (Live) 3:40* *BONUS TRACKS

Pre-order Now - released 19 07 10

Judas Priest - Angel Of Retribution
    DELUXE DOUBLE 180 GRAM LIMITED EDITION GATEFOLD ORANGE VINYL REISSUE OF JUDAS PRIESTS FIFTEENTH ALBUM.

Angel of Retribution marked the return of Rob Halford, after a 12 year departure from the band. The album debuted at #13 on the U.S. Billboard chart, what makes it the second highest chart of a Judas Priest album (only before Nostradamus). It also marked the first time Judas Priest have been the number 1 artist on a national chart (in Greece). The album was produced by Roy Z, who co-wrote the song "Deal with the Devil". Side A 1. Judas Rising 4:13 2. Deal With The Devil 3:55 3. Revolution 4:43 Side B 4. Worth Fighting For 4:19 5. Demonizer 4:38 6. Wheels Of Fire 3:47 Side C 7. Angel 4:24 8. Hellrider 6:24 Side D 9. Eulogy 2:52 10. Lochness 13:30

Pre-order Now - released 19 07 10

2. In-Absentia

In-Absentia Forum Resident

I really hope these turn out to be good. It'll save the time and effort trying to find NM originals for most of those albums.

3. Paul L

Paul L Forum Resident

I'll pick up Painkiller (never had gotten that one on vinyl) & Angel to start with.

4. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

Same here.

5. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

May or may not matter to you, but isn't that one a digital recording? I know Turbo certainly is, but I though Ram It Down and Painkiller were also digitally recorded.

6. Paul L

Paul L Forum Resident

Yes you may be right about the digital recording for PK, but as an avid Priest fan I never did manage to actually get PK on vinyl originally so would be nice for the collection & I don't think Angel was released on vinyl either.

7. motorcitydave

8. sidewinder572

sidewinder572 Senior Member

Dammit I just paid $44 for PK on vinyl. Oh well have never heard this album except for a few songs so hopefully it will be worth it.

9. Adular Zech

Adular Zech Forum Resident

There is one thing that makes me think....which tapes are going to be used for these releases? The bonus tracks are from the Mr. Astley's "Remasters" series - BUT will the Back on Black label get access to a pre-Astley version of the albums and bonustracks tapes? :confused: If not, then :thumbsdn:

10. Spirit Crusher

Spirit Crusher Forum Resident

I posted a thread asking about Back on Black's Death re-issues asking the same questions about source, info about which is nowhere to be found. This plus the fact that they "have bonus tracks as per [sic] the Sony remastered issues" makes me suspicious.

11. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

It's great they are putting these out , i just hope the pressings & sound are good , i have about 75% of these allready on vinyl , but would like the few i do not have .

12. Brian81

Brian81 Forum Resident

Same thing here.

13. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Anyone end up getting these ?? how was the sound & quality overall ?

14. TheRimeOfIcarus

TheRimeOfIcarus Active Member

Yeah that makes me nervous as well.

But on a similar note, there is a 2008 Japanese release of the 1990 original Rust In Peace by Megadeth which includes bonus tracks from the 2004 remixed and remastered release. This was for th CD format and maybe something similar will happen with the Priest re-issues on vinyl.

Only time will tell though. And I do hope that it's worth the wait.

15. coffeecupman

coffeecupman Forum Resident

Someone please comment on the sound quality on these reissues. I'm thinking of buying some but can't afford to throw money away on lemons.

ccm

16. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

Are original pressings of these titles that hard to find? I'd be willing to bet these are just digitally sourced. I think I'd rather take a chance on a used copy on E-Bay than fork over for these reissues, but maybe they are good.

17. madman

madman Forum Resident

Turbo will still suck, no matter how or what it's remastered on or from.

DiabloG likes this.
  18. motorcitydave

I just saw an original of 'Painkiller.' 20 bucks.

19. TheRimeOfIcarus

TheRimeOfIcarus Active Member

Turbo sounds bad? :confused:

20. Phoney Baloney

Phoney Baloney Member

I would bet these are digitally sourced. It would say analog on the cover if it was done the proper way, but when it says nothing... you knooow what they are doing.
    On a side note: I remember asking Allan Tucker if he used digital or analog sources for some of his "new" Legacy vinyl releases and his answer, "can't remember." That was all I needed.

21. motorcitydave

I emailed the head honcho of back on black, and he said they use tape when it's available. But if it's recorded digitally, it's digital. Email him yourself and find out.

22. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

That's for sure , i still am Proud to say i do not own a copy of that crap-fest .

23. Paul L

Paul L Forum Resident

This may be the fanboy in me coming out but at least Turbo isn't their worst effort & is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine.

24. motorcitydave

I used to. I bought it when it first came out. Man, what a disappointment that was! :rolleyes:

25. Brian81

Brian81 Forum Resident

Same here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.