Judy Garland Show Pioneer DVDs

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by BeatleStair, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member Thread Starter

I know these shows are now being streamed online somewhere or will be but I've just purchased a few of the Pioneer DVDs of this show from Amazon. Amazing show and amazing DVDs!!! I got the one with Barbra Streisand first and was so impressed I had to order more.

Fantastic quality on these DVDs! I love the outakes and the picture for the most part looks great and they sound great as well! THIS is the way to present a TV show on DVD. Too bad these shows aren't shown on cable as they are really terrific!

Does anyone know if the online versions will include the outakes? They are really wonderful to watch and make watching the show even more fun.

Lawrence Schulman likes this.
  2. I have no idea if they will be streaming the outtakes. And yes, these are amazing remastered transfers, both for sound and video. This has been discussed on the forum before, but I do wish the series would be made available on Blu-ray. It has been well over a decade since they were made available on DVD, and technology could make them look and sound even better. If this could not be done, I think it would be a great idea to put onto Blu-ray Garland's 1962 special with Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. It was issued on DVD years ago in a colorized version, and once again new technology could do wonders for this remarkable show.

BeatleStair likes this.
  3. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member Thread Starter

I'll have to look for that show too. I'm reading the "Rainbow's End" (I think that's the title?) book and it's a great read. Love that they used all the slates and outakes for the Pioneer DVDs - just terrific!

I suppose there's no chance these would make it to Blu-Ray? I'm guessing the sales wouldn't warrant it? Too bad, I'd love to see more outakes as I'll bet there are more and Blu-Ray would be the perfect place for them.

4. I think it is more likely that we see the Garland/Sinatra/Martin show on Blu-ray than the series, but even this is doubtful in today's market. To be honest, I would be satisfied to see an un-colorized Garland/Sinatra/Martin DVD release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.