Jurassic World

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

He's probably too busy lighting his farts on fire.

2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Oh yeah? Then how do you explain this, smart guy???

[​IMG]

googlymoogly, Hawklord and Pete Puma like this.
  3. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Yeah, and then they could call the movie Godzilla.

wavethatflag likes this.
  4. progrocker71

I like Jurassic Warfare. I know someone mentioned war earlier.

5. mace

mace Forum Resident

And I was hoping this would replace To Kill a Mockinbird as my all time favorite movie for acting, screenplay, directing
    etc. I guess I will have to wait for the next installment of Scream.:waiting:

Mazzy and DLant like this.
  6. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

:biglaugh::laughup::laughup::laughup::biglaugh::agree:

7. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

I came into work this week and everyone in the office was excitedly talking about how great the movie was. Apparently a huge group of them went after work.

8. DLant

DLant The Upstate Gort Staff

It was pretty exciting.

9. shokhead

Exciting? Really?

10. DLant

DLant The Upstate Gort Staff

Sure was!

11. shokhead

Glad you liked it that much. Makes for a better movie experience.

12. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

http://www.wsj.com/articles/jurassic-world-inside-out-both-draw-crowds-1434910581

‘Jurassic World,’ ‘Inside Out’ Both Draw Crowds
    Dinosaur flick attracts $102 million in its second weekend; Pixar movie a close second

[​IMG]ENLARGE
    Pixar’s ‘Inside Out’ sold $91.1 million in tickets, but still came in No. 2. That is by far the biggest opening for a movie that wasn’t No. 1 at the box office. PHOTO: DISNEY-PIXAR/ASSOCIATED PRESS
    By
    BEN FRITZ
    June 21, 2015 2:16 p.m. ET
    1 COMMENTS
    Proving that box office sometimes isn’t a zero-sum game, the animated “Inside Out” posted a fantastic opening this weekend despite not being the most popular film in the country.

The latest release from Walt Disney Co.’s Pixar Animation Studios brought in an estimated $91.1 million in the U.S. and Canada from Thursday night through Sunday. That is by far the biggest opening for a movie that wasn’t No. 1 at the box office, beating the record of $68.7 million set by James Bond film “The Day After Tomorrow” in 2004, according to BoxOfficeMojo.com.

It came in just short of a spectacular second weekend for “Jurassic World.” The dinosaur sequel from Comcast Corp.’s Universal Pictures retained its dominance in theaters by grossing $102 million in the U.S. and Canada, following it record breaking opening last weekend.

Although it is rated PG-13, “Jurassic World” has been drawing plenty of families, while Disney was targeting adults as well as children for “Inside Out.” That seemed to put the two movies in a competitive situation, leading many in Hollywood to assume one would prosper at the other’s expense this weekend.

WSJ film critic Joe Morgenstern reviews Pixar’s “Inside Out," which animates the conflicting feelings inside a young girl's mind. Photo: Walt Disney Pictures
    Few expected that both movies could perform so well simultaneously. It was the first time ever that two movies grossed more than $70 million on the same weekend, according to Rentrak.

Advertisement
    “Coming into this weekend, we were considerate of what impact ‘Jurassic’ could have,” said Disney executive vice president of distribution Dave Hollis. “But I think you could argue that the experience of people having a great experience in full cinemas is what encouraged them to return.”

“Inside Out” enjoyed the second best opening for a Pixar movie, behind only “Toy Story 3.” The movie’s success seems to have been driven by the strength of the Pixar brand and the rapturous responses of critics and audiences. A full 98% of reviews were positive, according to the aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes, and opening night crowds gave the movie an average grade of A, according to market research firm CinemaScore.

Such strong audience responses should help the big-budget animated feature, about the conflicting emotions inside an 11-year-old girl’s brain, to have a long and lucrative box office run for Disney, which had a rare flop recently with “Tomorrowland.”

Opening in 37 foreign markets so far, “Inside Out” picked up a healthy $41 million, with particularly strong starts in Mexico and Russia.

[​IMG]ENLARGE
    “Jurassic World,” with a total of $398.2 million so far in the U.S. and Canada and $583.1 million overseas, it is close to $1 billion world-wide already. PHOTO: INDUSTRIAL LIGHT & MAGIC/UNIVERSAL/EVERETT COLLECTION
    “Jurassic World,” meanwhile, had the second-biggest domestic second weekend of all time, just slightly behind “The Avengers’” $103.1 million.

It is on track for one of the best box-office performances of all time. With a total of $398.2 million so far in the U.S. and Canada and $583.1 million overseas, it is close to $1 billion world-wide already.

It may ultimately gross more than $600 million domestically and $1.5 billion globally—possibly surpassing “Avengers” for the No. 3 all-time ranking in both categories, behind only “Titanic” and “Avatar.”

It is already certain to be hugely profitable for Universal and its financing partner, Legendary Pictures LLC.

The only other movie to open nationwide this weekend was “Dope,” a teen comedy that was a high-profile pickup from the Sundance Film Festival by Open Road Films. It made its debut to a modest $6 million.

Write to Ben Fritz at [email protected]

13. progrocker71

I saw it this afternoon in 3D and had a blast. Yes, all the aforementioned flaws exist...but once the action kicks in this movie is a lot of fun. Dinosaur effects were excellent and the action sequences were nicely staged and shot. Much better than the two previous sequels.

14. I am glad that you liked it. It does have some flaws, but it is great fun. I plan on seeing it for the third time this week. You got to love those crazy dinos.

DLant likes this.
  15. Jurassic World SVU. Bring on more Law & Order alumni.

16. Love & Mercy was better.

17. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

"The Day After Tomorrow", a James Bond movie?

18. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

:laugh: Also, no Bond movie was released in 2004

DLant likes this.
  19. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I don't agree at all. I've found her very likable on screen and in interviews.

Why is this surprising? If a real life Jurassic World/Park opened up, despite what I've seen in these movies, I'd book my flight as soon as I could. I don't care about the danger, I will go to a place where I can see dinosaurs.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  20. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Bwahahaha!

21. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Yes, I believe it gets released on.....the day after tomorrow! :hide:

22. Would have been a much better film if those two kids had been eaten.

agentalbert likes this.
  23. progrocker71

The kids didn't bother me, in fact they were FAR less annoying than the ones from the original film (and the girl from The Lost World).

I also find it kind of humorous that people keep pointing their fingers at Bryce Dallas Howard, when she was actually the only character that had any development whatsoever.

Stormrider77 likes this.
  24. yeah. she had a bit of development. :tiphat:

25. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

[​IMG]

dewey02 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.