Just curious to know about record shops in the Philipines

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by hellion, Feb 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hellion

hellion Forum Resident Thread Starter

Going there for a visit with my wife, any tips on decent places to look for some albums

2. mantis4tons

mantis4tons Forum Resident

I was in the Manila area two years ago and couldn't find a single record store... the best I found was a box of beat-up old vinyl in the Greenhills shopping center.

3. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

Did you find any record stores there?

4. hellion

hellion Forum Resident Thread Starter

5. Bad Samaritan

Bad Samaritan Forum Resident

Bumping for any updates on PI record shops? Going to be in Manila 9/6 to 9/15 for business, with possibly a day or two in my old Subic Bay/Olongapo stomping grounds

6. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

Maybe a hi-fi shop can steer you to one, I'd also check near universities.

7. Bad Samaritan

Bad Samaritan Forum Resident

While I was in Manila I didn't really have an opportunity to seek out any indie record shops, although I did find mention of several in various web searches. There happened to be a large 4-story mall across from my hotel that I visited. The mall culture & popularity there is very much like it was in the US in the 80's and 90's. There were a some chain style music stores presented (ala Suncoast/Sam Goody, etc). The selection was as expected, heavily pop-centric and mostly CD's, and very little or no vinyl. CD prices were mostly $5-6. There were a few kiosks in the mall selling well-worn used vinyl at 5/$20, mostly international and obscure artists.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.