Just discovered Gentle Giant

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by drum_cas, Jan 13, 2018 at 5:25 AM.

1. drum_cas

drum_cas Member Thread Starter

Man......my musical buddy warned me:"I will let you hear Steven Wilson, he is great but he'll cost you a lot!"
    And yes I listened.......

So now: here I read in my Progmag about this band, I read in the book Delirium Years 1991-1993 (yes.....it is costing!) that mr. Wilson sampled the drumsolo, i check spotify and see he remixed the band, I had to listen.

Man.........I love it! For now it's Spotify but i think it won't be long till those 5.1 mixes will be delivered.

Just had to get it out of my system.

Regards, Cas

Deek57 and Bingo Bongo like this.
  2. rikki nadir

rikki nadir Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard the good ship GG! Or the SS Pantagruel as they would probably christen her were they to have ever been able to afford one...

I enjoyed that Gentle Giant article in the magazine Prog January 2018 edition. Reading the article while listening to the Playing The Fool and Three Friends albums was some of the most pleasure I have had from recorded music for some time.

They really should do some sort of live GG reunion. I would be there in a flash.

drum_cas likes this.
  3. Aqualung2410

Aqualung2410 Member

Can't wait for the "In a Glass House" SW treatment (if it happens at all) it's my favourite GG album

drum_cas likes this.
  4. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

All the albums from Three Friends to Free Hand are amazing.

To be completely honest I've not heard any earlier or later stuff than that.

drum_cas likes this.
  5. Trinkywinky

Trinkywinky New Member

Same and three friends the best ones in my opinion

drum_cas likes this.
  6. DJ LX

DJ LX Forum Resident

The first two albums - produced by Tony Visconti - are fantastic. A bit more atmospheric and, at times, pastoral than the later albums.

drum_cas, Mook and Trinkywinky like this.