Just got a preamp PrimaLuna ProLogue 3. I have some questions please

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Romerovm, Sep 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scout1.1

Scout1.1 Forum Resident

I have a pair of PL Prologue 6 monos paired with mine and couldn't be happier. I rather enjoy the sound of my system more with out tone controls. It has taught me how to find the sound I want based on tube rolling, speaker choice, and room treatment choices.

Romerovm likes this.
  2. dirtymac

dirtymac Forum Resident

I don't know as I'm not familiar with your speakers, what kind of sound you want, the types of music you listen to and how loud you need to go.

A Primaluna amp would be a logical option to consider, though. Especially if you discover the you much prefer the sound of your PL preamp going into your Outlaw.

If you really want to go all-in on a rich tube sound, though, you can may want to consider getting yourself a vintage receiver (i.e. a Fisher! http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...1961-66-are-cheap-and-sound-wonderful.214906/ )to see if that's a sound you dig. For not much money you can sample something really, really great and end up keeping it for many years to come or at least gaining a better understanding of just what you need exactly.

Romerovm likes this.
  3. roboss38

roboss38 Forum Resident

The Prologue 3 is a great pre-amp, and many think, including me, it's the steal in the Primaluna line. I hate this term, but it's a real bang for your buck component. I owned one for about five years and had it paired with an NAD 2010, Prologue 5 stereo amp, Prologue 7 monoblocks, and then finally a Rogue Audio Stereo 100. Both the Rogue and Prologue 7's really made the Prologue 3 sing. When you get the Prologue 3 paired with the right amp, and you will forget about the need for tone controls.

BigE and Romerovm like this.
  4. BigE

BigE Forum Resident

The Prologue3 and the 7 monoblocks have synergy in spades. Read the Stereophile review from back around 2004ish for their take on this pairing.

Romerovm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.