Just received a 2011 EU pressing of Rumours instead of the KG/SH remaster

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Tartifless, Oct 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tartifless

Tartifless Forum Resident Thread Starter

The Ebay seller surely copied a standard text in his add, stating that the KG/SH remaster is as good as the 2×lp.
    Reading this and seeing the price (24 $) convinced me that it would be the one described... (+ seller had positive feedback, it seems to be a german musicstore).

What bad surprise it was when i received the EU version mastered by HL that i already had in my collection !

Doesn't it bother you when sellers don't know what they are selling ? Do you find it acceptable for a music store to not know about different masterings ?

2. Inner ear

Inner ear Forum Resident

I have learned that when a deal looks too good to be true, that often turns out to be the case. I believe I paid twice as much for my authentic version of that pressing recently.

3. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

I always ask for the full matrix info. It prevents most issues. Yes, sellers very often don't know what they're selling.

4. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Buyers on Ebay should be careful.
    It's not seldom that some item's description doesn't match of that what you get in the end. Try Discogs.

JediJoker likes this.
  5. Tartifless

The price (excluded shipping) was approx the same as discogs. This is why i lowered my guard.
    Finally ordered one on discogs after confirming the version with the seller.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  6. Inner ear

Inner ear Forum Resident

Glad you got the one you wanted from Discogs. Enjoy!

andrewskyDE likes this.
  7. Tartifless

I haven't physically received it yet... So crossing fingers !

andrewskyDE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.