Just received three SH SACD's....WOW!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Beagle, Jan 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beagle

Beagle Senior Member Thread Starter

Just before Christmas I received Cosmos Factory, Mel Torme "The London Sessions" and Best of The Zombies.

All three are truly amazing but I have a special affection for the Mel Torme, perhaps because I was previously not very familiar with his music.

The instrumental and vocal timbres are breathtaking. Just listen to the sound of the strings and the sax. And the music ebbs and flows so naturally that it just pulls you into it.

The Zombies transports me back to when I used to listen to the 45's. I find it interesting that the little 'artifact' on She's Not There 'stereo' (Colin licking his lips after the first line) almost jumps out at you on the 'hit single version'.

Cosmos Factory sure makes mincemeat out of my original FANTASY LP. It sounds like somebody cued up the master tape in my listening room.

What I really like about these three discs is that they dazzle you with music not detail, even though the detail is all there. I find the SACD layer provides a more natural decay to ambience, but both layers sound great.

Great work Steve! Thanks for letting us hear what master tape sounds like.

2. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

I agree with you 100%, Beagle. I also have these SACDs and love their sound.

Have you figured out what the word "ABOU" means in the song She's Not There on The Zombies SACD?

3. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

The CCR's are pretty intense. They have a wonderful realism that really sucks you in. Makes me wanna throw quarters at the speakers! Bravo!

4. BIG ED

BIG ED Forum Resident

Yikes!
    Throw dollar bills instead!
    It'll be 'better' for the band [& SH], as well as you speakers.

5. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

A good description of, A. My mastering style, and, B. The main thing that SACD does that CD doesn't.

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

How does The Zombies SACD sound compared to the DCC ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.