Justified: Premiere on FX Tonight

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by aaronfirebrand, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Some real LOL moments in this last episode. The beginning with Dewey talking about being "forsaken in the desert" and then setting the car full of dope off rolling down the hill cracked me up. And of course, Danny's latest attempt at the "21 foot rule" had me howling. It reminded me of a scene from another Elmore Leonard work, "Out Of Sight", where the big guy slips walking down the stairs, falls and blows his own head off.

Interesting seeing Mary Steenburgen in what could be a villain role, as she's usually such a sweetheart.

2. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

I enjoyed the Dickie and Dewey meet-up. Two heads are not always better than one.

3. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

He's awful...horrible. He's almost ruined the season for me.

4. agentalbert

Neither Michael Rapaport nor Alicia Witt do a very good job with the accent. Both overdo it to near parody level. Amy Smart has it just right.

5. Farmer Mike

Farmer Mike Forum Resident

I think the idea is that the Wendy (as played by Alicia Witt) is trying to get rid of her accent to fit in with whatever law career she is trying to land. More contact with the brothers leads to her accent creepin back on her. Rapaport is just trying to hard..

6. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

Remind me to never accept a cigarette from Boyd Crowder.

jriems likes this.
  7. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Done and done.

8. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Rewatching Season One on Blu ray, and Prince's Hot Chicken just got mentioned !! That's walking distance from here. :winkgrin:

9. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

When does the next season start?

10. Myke

January 2015. per IMDB & Google

11. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

The next season is also the last season :-(

12. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo.................. :(

13. Myke

14. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Anyone catch the season premiere the other night?
    A quick farewell to a certain semi-regular caught me off-guard!

15. mindblanking

mindblanking The Bourbon King

Yes... It was excellent. There must be a thread somewhere around.

16. Steve D.

Steve D. Forum Resident

Haven't missed an episode. Sorry this is the last season.

17. agentalbert

Yeah. Good episode. Sad to see
    Dewey go, but I had a feeling that might happen. Other than Raylan himself, he's probably been my favorite character.

Craig likes this.
  18. agentalbert

I get a kick out of Choo-Choo. And I like seeing Raylan and Eva interact again. I enjoyed their scenes early in the series when they were a couple. Even though they aren't one now, its nice seeing them on screen together. Eva seems more like her old self rather than the brothel running, hooker assassinating character they turned her into, which I hated.

19. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I think it's got some of the spirit of the first couple of seasons back. The last couple of seasons, I found tiresome and confusing at times. Some of the humor has found its way back as well.

mindblanking likes this.
  20. mindblanking

mindblanking The Bourbon King

This has been a great season so far. The cast, particularly Olyphant, seem rejuvenated. Last season it felt like he was going through the motions and playing almost a caricature of his character.

21. agentalbert

I got a kick out of Jake Busey versus the cell phone in tonights episode. That was a good laugh.

Myke likes this.
  22. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yeah... Didn't quite see that coming... Ha!

Good episode...

23. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

Last ep was good but I'm having a hard time getting the Mary Steenburgen character. More will be revealed I suppose but she spent a lot of time talking about herself and I just didn't quite get most of it.

24. Myke

When her man was alive she lived at the top of the world, since he's gone, she's not had it as good. She blames Avery Markham, and she will exact her revenge...she's also conflicted because as she said, he was the best lover she's ever had.
    She's a badass, but inside she's still a woman.

GroovinGarrett likes this.
  25. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

Yes but the reason she was on top of the world when her man was alive was because she actually did the work and made the decisions.
    I guess after seeing Mags Bennett on this show, it's odd accepting that this is a world where women need to have a male front for power.
    Part of it could just be trying to develop new(ish) villains in the last season where of course realizing the conclusion of the main characters is more important.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.