Jvc cds

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Edge_88, Mar 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Levon would be my guess too. It's a shame.

2. Humorem

Humorem New Member

I'm quite sure it's remixed. Play it against the LP. It sounds very different.
    TP

3. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

Don't know if anyone saw this on Audio Asylum:
    http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/music/messages/62407.html

I am surprised that the K2's are not from the master tape. To my ear, they sound absolutely identical to the XRCD's for the five CD's I've compared and from some of the reviews I've read.

4. dachada

dachada Senior Member

5. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

Humorem,
    I checked out the reissue cd, and it says that the additional material was mixed by Andrew Sandoval in Hollywood in May 2000.
    If it is Levon, he is quite angry as I understand it. Wouldn't it be cool to give him a few grand just to get the tape from him? It's gonna happen anyway. But methinks that it'll happen from Capitol and not somebody who can do ultimate justice (haven't heard that term in a while!!) to the tape. By the way, it didn't seem all that wrong when I listened to it. Maybe what I was angry with was the fact that the bonus tracks didn't fit in and should have been left off. Sorry, but once you have ended an album with King Harvest, (like "One For My Baby") what can you follow it up with except silence?

6. SteveSDCA

SteveSDCA Senior Member

That's kind of crazy if the master to the Band's self titled album is being withheld and isn't even lost/destroyed

7. Mattb

Mattb Senior Member

I have an XRCD2 of the "Art Pepper + Eleven". It sounds very good in my opinion. A lot more presence and life than the MFSL release.

That is a title I would LOVE to see Steve do on SACD.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.