Karen Carpenter Solo Album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by proufo, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. proufo

proufo Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hello to all.

Has anyone here listened to the Karen Carpenter solo album, produced by Phil Ramone and kept in the can until a few years ago?

Carpenters lovers are prompted to come out of the closet.

In my case I listen to the Singles album somewhat frequently but I don't inhale :laugh:

Will get the available Quad mixes sometime in the future.

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I was never in the closet on the Carpenters! I adore and love them. Karen's voice sends me. I have much of their stuff on Cee Dee and I'm now thinking of getting the reissued original mixes that are presently out. My wife can do a "mean" Karen! She can copy Karen's voice exactly! Although I feel she has a totally original sound of her own. I get a special feeling that reminds of of my wife everytime I hear the Carpenters. When I first heard my wife sing, I thought she sounded similar to Karen Carpenter. It's pretty cool especially, when she "Sings" along with the songs.
    :)

3. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I have Karen's Solo album on CD and is is excellent. The reason it was not released at the time was because the executives at A&M Records thought it contradicted her pure, virginal image. They also didn't like the mature sound of some of the tracks. Some have a disco flavor.

4. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Not to diss Grant's opinion, but as a true blue Carpenters fan I have to say that Karen's solo album is amongst the worst in my collection! That album isn't even "collectible" worthy! Bad disco influenced songs, and all without that magic "Richard" touch! Phil Ramone should be ashamed for what he did with her!

For any, in or out of the closet, Carpenter fans I HIGHLY recommend the "As Time Goes By" set that really does have some long lost magical moments!

Chris C

5. proufo

proufo Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks to all for the comments. And Michael, can I borr.. naa, forget it.

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Hey Proufo...Can you borrow what?:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.