Kate Bush - Hounds of Love

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by karmapolice, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

Done :thumbsup:

2. butch

butch Senior Member

Even though I have those b-sides in every known format , it would be nice to see/hear them on such a production mastered by either Hoffman or Gray. Though it would be interesting to see what Marshall did with DCC when those non album tracks used to appear on the Gold CD version of an album. A Gold CD with extra tracks...yes,please!

3. Ere

Ere Senior Member

Done. This would be phenomenal at 45 RPM, and including some of the 12" single mixes (like the title track) and non-album b-sides would be nice too.

4. kevin5brown

kevin5brown Analog or bust.

+1. (AF HoL on CD.)

5. Randy W

Randy W Original Member

An AF HOL would be awesome! :righton:

6. NOS300B

NOS300B The Moon Queen

I'd love an AF Hounds of Love CD or SACD.

jsayers likes this.
  7. jdmack

jdmack Forum Resident

It will never happen, but I want this album to be mixed in surround sound more than any other album I know of! So, SACD - yeah!

J. D.

8. Burnt

Burnt Well-Known Member

9. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Rushfan has a Japan copy of Hounds of Love in Classifieds right now--someone should snag it.

Evan

10. helter9skelter

helter9skelter New Member

i have "this woman's work" box on VINYL!

ALL THE LP'S PLUS 3 LP'S WITH SINGLES, REMIXES, ETC. ..

For my money, "hounds of love" is the album of the 80's.

11. Neta

Neta Forum Resident

I would buy it.

Never for Ever would be nice as well.

12. kevin5brown

These are great suggestions. I only ever had the Hounds of Love and the Whole Story. Finally decided to get 'em all. Got the box and am slowly working my way through it. Her vocal style on the early ones take some getting used to, but there's something on all of them that I like. The Dreaming is fantastic !

13. MadFloyd

MadFloyd Forum Resident

I would buy anything Kate Bush, even if it was 8-track. :)

14. MadFloyd

MadFloyd Forum Resident

To each their own, but I find The Dreaming to be the only weak entry in her catalog.

15. Distortions

Distortions Forum Resident

She sure is great.

16. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

And my favorite.

17. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

"The Dreaming" is even better than "Hounds Of Love" imo. It's just brilliant. It takes about a half dozen listens to really sink in.

18. westcoastkid

westcoastkid Forum Resident

I would love to see Hounds of Love released on SACD.

19. Dr.O'Boogie

Dr.O'Boogie Forum Resident

I can remember being at school and our English teacher talking about 'Wuthering Heights' He told us that he thought it was quite a clever song for such a young girl to write. I hadn't heard it yet. I turned to a school mate and asked him what it was like? He said, 'Like nothing else' That first line I heard about her sums her up.

I became a big fan. She was never as 'cool' amongst my school friends as Debbie Harry was at that time but I knew that she was unique.

When HOL was released I felt vindicated, all my mates were blown away and Kate Bush became their discovery. I'm in one of the videos from the album. 'The Big Sky'. Kate was great, she used to cadge cigarettes off of my friend and myself, pointing out that she couldn't carry her own as her space-suit had no pockets. She tried to get me a major role in the video but was knocked back becasuse I wasn't a member of the actor's union. She told me that she had recorded 'Don't Give Up' with Peter Gabriel months before it was released.
    [​IMG]

20. SgtPepper1983

SgtPepper1983 Forum Resident

A genius of our time.

http://www.dongrays.com/kate-bush/mp3/

Visit it and prepare to be astounded. She was 15 at the time she did all that.

21. Dr.O'Boogie

Dr.O'Boogie Forum Resident

Yes, I'm familiar with those demos partly due to that web site which has been up for years. She's just so unique, obvious from her early demos and school poetry. And when I found out that she looked great as well!

As I'm sure you know, EMI took time to nurture her, they knew it wasn't a talent to be exploited as rapidly as possible.

22. SgtPepper1983

SgtPepper1983 Forum Resident

Quite singular in the music world, yes. I think EMI even sponsored her the Lindsey Kemp lessons AND allowed her to release Wuthering Heights as the first single off TKI against the their own plans. How often does that happen? In addition, I believe she is the only artist that has stayed signed on a major recording label over a period of 12 (!) years of virtually no releases at all.
    They really must know what they have in her.

23. kevin5brown

Quick question, so I'm still making my way through the box, and the Sensual World sounds kind of trebly. Different than the other releases. Is this just how it sounds? No fundamentally better mastering out there?

24. fredhammersmith

fredhammersmith Forum Resident

for kate bush, i always thought the production was great and the masterings not so great.

25. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

I think it's the original recording that's at fault.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.