Kate Bush - Hounds of Love

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by karmapolice, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. honzator

honzator Forum Resident

Can someone confirm a Sony pressing for CP32-5086 cd? So far I have seen only Toshiba pressings ?!

2. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

I have the japan mini lp... not bad... but which other is better? Im looking for the grail of this?

3. Thurenity

Thurenity Listening to some tunes

I have a US And UK LP now for both, and I don't recall IGD on either. But I am using my AT440Mla so I'm sure that doesn't hurt.

Been actually doing some sound comparisons on a few US/UK LP's for KB that I have and so far I've found as follows:

TKI: I think the UK is just a tad better but it's real close between them.
    NFE: UK LP wins hands down. Very obvious SQ differences from my US LP.
    HOL: Similar to TKI. They are slightly different but I have a hard time deciding on which I prefer. I find the UK has a bit more clarity but the US one a little more bite, so maybe it depends on the mood I'm in.

4. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

what about the AFidelity 180g, is better than anything?

5. Thurenity

Thurenity Listening to some tunes

I had tried buying that but the retailer was OOS, this was some months back. And I lost my chance back in 2011 when I had seen it locally ($30 was a lot to swallow at the time).

Curious if there's anyone with a UK original plus the AF one. I read somewhere else that Side Two was very noisy for some which would be a real problem given that it's "And Dream Of Sheep" and I also read, I think outside of this forum, that the highs were muted which would be a concern for me as well. But I don't have a copy first hand to confirm either.

6. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

i have the AF lp....its very flat sounding....but the warmth of it is very pleasing to the ears.very analog sounding..my copy isn't noisy.
    so far i havnt had the need to upgrade it..so im ok with it.

7. GuyS.

GuyS. Forum Resident

Hi, I have the AF copy plus a UK original and I prefer the UK version. My AF copy isn't noisy but on my system it lacks the top end brightness of the original UK pressing which I feel is part of the 80's sound of this great album.

8. meandafoe

meandafoe Forum Resident

ok, in terms of sound quality is there any difference between UK and Japanese first versions on CD from 85/86?

9. Nick Sutton

Nick Sutton New Member

The EMI 100 pressing is really great, no noise, clear high and low end with the weighting on the high end (DMM pressing) bring out the mids in a very pleasing way. Cant wait to see the lady sing!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.