Kate Bush Live Shows 2014-2015 *Spoiler* Thread (Second Thread)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan1074

Alan1074 Forum Resident

I heard the phrase "no market" years ago for much of the stuff UK labels like Cherry Red and Demon are releasing now, and making a decent profit out of it.

sound chaser likes this.
  2. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

The London International Film Festival program was announced and Before The Dawn was not part of it. Totally bummed.

supernaut likes this.
  3. redmetalmoose

redmetalmoose Forum Resident

It's looking more and more like I should have made it to one of those shows by any means neccessary...

4. Chris DeVoe

Not if it meant taking hostages. Hard to enjoy the show with the building surrounded by police.

supernaut likes this.
  5. redmetalmoose

:p
    I'm not getting any younger you know.
    Wouldn't it have added another layer to the effects of 'Under Ice'?
    Just saying.

6. Chris DeVoe

It was already in surround.

I saw the show, and regret not having seen it twice. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the show Vickie and I saw. The great Guido Harari has posted some pictures to his Facebook. Here is one of his show at Snap gallery:

[​IMG]

A year later, and it's still hard to believe at the things that came together. Getting tickets in the first place. Getting truly astonishing tickets later (6th row!) from our friend Andy. Getting our original tickets to two wonderful people, Guido Harari and Armando Gallo, who otherwise would not have been able to go. Our friend Richard coming from fricken BALI for the show! Grame Thomson, the author of the best Kate Bush biography Under The Ivy being seated next to Richard giving him a great story to introduce the new edition of his book.

sound chaser and marblesmike like this.
  7. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't see the light of day, but I can't imagine them spending that much money on filming it if they weren't going to release it in some form. Oh well, I'm really glad I made it to one of the shows, and I'm glad I have been able to procure at least one really good sounding unofficial recording of one of the shows that I still listen to quite often.

ConnieGuitar likes this.
  8. Chris DeVoe

I'm still hoping for a Christmas season release, pinning my hopes on her son Bertie's influence.

Hey, we're Kate Bush fans! We're used to Kate taking a year off to "recharge her batteries" and such.

belardd, theMess and gabbleratchet7 like this.
  9. marblesmike

Honestly, having witnessed one of "the better shows" from what I had been told, I could live without a live release, especially since there are some high quality unofficial recordings out there on the interwebs. But the day they announce the mega BD/DVD/3CD/4LP set I'll be ecstatic!

Dr.O'Boogie likes this.
  10. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

And I think you have just hit the nail on the head there, if Bertie tells Kate to release it she will do.
    Lets just hope he is a fan of Super Deluxe Editions of albums.

ConnieGuitar and Chris DeVoe like this.
  11. Alan1074

Alan1074 Forum Resident

I bought both the books last year from Snap but I do much prefer Guido's work. He took some great shots of her, including the signed ones I have.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  12. Chris DeVoe

Yeah, we were so happy to make it there to see the show at Snap. Where, I forgot to mention, yet another utterly unlikely thing happened. We were viewing the pictures on the upper floor when I spotted Peter Fitzgerald-Morris, the editor of the Kate Bush fanzine Homeground coming up the stairs. Vickie has been friends with Peter since the early 80s, and has known him since before he started Homeground. We had wanted to visit them out in Rochester, but we just couldn't afford it - and here they are in London for the show, seeing it on the same day, at the same time we went! They had seen Before The Dawn much earlier, having seen both the dress rehearsal and the opening day.

Here's Guido and my wife Vickie at The Swan:

[​IMG]

If you're ever in Hammersmith, drop into the Swan and have a drink. They were wonderful hosts throughout the run, even opening after the shows let out.

Most of Guido's photos of Kate were taken for the Kate Bush Club magazine. Kate really explored some interesting ideas for the images in that, inviting photographers to really stretch out.

13. Alan1074

Alan1074 Forum Resident

Lovely photo, and sounds like you have a really special time, thanks to coincidence.

I wish I'd been in the Kate Bush fan club back in the day. The magazine issues I've seen looked very interesting.

The anniversary of the show I went to, the 30th has just passed. Can't believe it's been a whole year. I have the poster and print framed and displayed as a reminder.

Dr.O'Boogie and Chris DeVoe like this.
  14. Chris DeVoe

When I look back on it, I'm stunned just how many things came together. It's nearly enough to make me believe that the universe has some interest in rewarding good works. Between the time we got our tickets and the time we left for England, Vickie spent every evening on Facebook trying to match people who had extra tickets with people who needed them, as well as tracking who was coming from where and when. She worked especially hard to try to get fan couples (like us) in.

It was odd in the beginning, with Kate apparently thinking that her fans were younger than most of them actually were, but it eventually matured into a really great magazine and a vital source of information.

By the way, here is a photo that our other friend Armando took of Kate when she was in Italy to perform The Dreaming on the show Riva Del Garda. Even with her hair piled up on her head getting made up, she is stunning:

[​IMG]

blind_melon1 and theMess like this.
  15. redmetalmoose

Actually it makes me glad to think that you and your wife had such fantastic seats. Although I haven't been on the forum that long,I do know your a huge Kate fan (like myself).And then to be able to help someone else with your other tickets.Good karma.

theMess and Chris DeVoe like this.
  16. Chris DeVoe

Thank you. We counted ourselves lucky to get to see the show at all, and had been resigned that we would never see Kate in concert.

theMess likes this.
  17. Alan1074

Alan1074 Forum Resident

Lovely photo. She's always been photogenic and doesn't really need a lot of help. I really hope she has a couple of album still in her and that the shows weren't some kind of unofficial sign-off.

blind_melon1 and theMess like this.
  18. Chris DeVoe

Again, I think we can pin our hopes on Bertie and be grateful that he followed his mother's footsteps onto the stage. When her mother Hannah died, we long thought that that was the end of any possibility that Kate would ever do another show, as many of us thought that Hannah was the only person who could convince Kate to do anything she was reluctant to do. But it turns out that she would eventually provide us with someone else who could.

19. Dr.O'Boogie

Dr.O'Boogie Forum Resident

"Waiting For Kate Bush". What an apt title John Mendelssohn thought of for that book!

theMess likes this.
  20. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Do you know where any of the quality unofficial recordings can be found? Are there any on Youtube?

21. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

yup yup was about a year ago this day I saw her as well. will play some Kate later, after my Lilac Time afternoon.

pghmusiclover likes this.
  22. marblesmike

check out guitars101. Google it.

theMess likes this.
  23. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Thanks, I really appreciate it. :righton:

24. ChrisEfterklang

ChrisEfterklang Forum Resident

FYI, Kate Bush does get out sometimes as she was part of the invited audience (as confirmed by both Steve Rothery and Nick Beggs, who were present as well) that saw the new King Crimson run through their show at Friars Aylesbury a few days ago.

I bet she could have picked up an amazing live band just from the audience.

25. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Would that be Mr Nick Beggs from Kajagoogoo by any chance?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.