Kate Bush Live Shows 2014-2015 *Spoiler* Thread (Second Thread)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaximilianRG

MaximilianRG Forum Resident

I feel bad for any terminally ill fans who may be waiting, along with the rest of us, for accessible output from Kate Bush. I am a huge fan, but when the shows were announced I did not have the means to make this dream come true. I laugh about it now because I used to say to friends that I'd swim across the Atlantic if necessary if she returned to the stage.

2. Dr.O'Boogie

Dr.O'Boogie Forum Resident

That's a shame, it's fans like you who deserve a video release of Before The Dawn.

MaximilianRG likes this.
  3. MaximilianRG

Did you get to go?

4. Dr.O'Boogie

Yes, I did, 26th September, the "Late Bush" night when the show was delayed for 80 minutes.

It was fantastic, surpassed my already high expectations. I was seated near to the back and at the interval a total stranger approached my wife and myself and asked if we wanted central 4th row seats? Didn't need to be asked twice! The view from the front was great....she looked straight into my eyes briefly during Aerial Tal.

I hope that you get to see it in full someday and I need to see it again myself; so much going on, it's hard to remember most of it.

MaximilianRG and ConnieGuitar like this.
  5. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Nobody really "deserves it", I hope it happens, but if it doesn't life will go on, the richness of which will barely be impacted

supernaut likes this.
  6. MaximilianRG

That's awesome. I've been avoiding looking for leaked stuff online in hopes that one day I can watch the whole show unspoiled.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    Dr.O'Boogie likes this.
  7. Dr.O'Boogie

Speak for yourself! :p

ConnieGuitar likes this.
  8. Sammy Waslow

Sammy Waslow Just watching the show

Yes. Not as unlikely a presence at a Crimson event as one might initially think, based on his 80s pop career. He's an exponent of the Chapman Stick (like Tony Levin), he has recorded with Robert Fripp and Jakko Jakszyk and records and tours with Steven Wilson's band, Wilson being the go-to collaborator for the contemporary King Crimson surround mixes.

9. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Looks like I'm going to have to wait a little longer/forever to find out where that bloody great big tree came from that wasn't there one second, then was sticking out of Kate's piano the next without me seeing it appear!

Dr.O'Boogie likes this.
  10. MOB_HRV

MOB_HRV Forum Resident

The big tree falled from the roof and a visual effect simulated a "crash" when it touched the piano.

11. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

So much going on at the time that I never even noticed that happen!

bob60 likes this.
  12. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

One of the advantages of producing the first show in a newly renovated theater was that Kate and company were able to do a lot of rehearsals in the space. One of her musicians discussed on his Facebook how they would play and she would be in various seats checking the sound and visual effects. She took a lot of care to make sure there was stuff happening at every level of detail so that you got a great show no matter where you sat.

13. Dr.O'Boogie

I was so focused on watching for the tree that I knew was going to crash through her piano (from reading this thread) that I missed Kate take off right in front of me and the puppet breaking loose!

Great show but far too much going on at times.....need the Blu-Ray!

14. supernaut

supernaut Forum Resident

that bit was really great!

15. Chris DeVoe

I missed both the tree and the puppet, although as I was sitting in the 6th row, if I expect any sort of sympathy over missing those two things, people will hit me.

theMess, OobuJoobu and marblesmike like this.
  16. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

I saw Kate take off, kind of missed the tree by a split second, and knew nothing about the puppet taking off until i read it on here.

17. Dr.O'Boogie

Looks like we saw the lot between us lol! That was one hell of a climax, my strongest memory from that section was seeing Kate's right arm turn into a blackbird's wing while she pulled her classic 'lost in it' faces (Like the end of 'Egypt' on the 79 BBC Xmas Special). I couldn't believe how effective it was even from mere feet away in the 4th row.

Actually I kind of wish that I hadn't arrived at the Pub beforehand so early (1pm). I think a bit more sobriety might have improved my ability to digest it all. I still had a bit of a buzz on even though the show started late

ConnieGuitar and marblesmike like this.
  18. Sammy Waslow

Sammy Waslow Just watching the show

I saw the tree go through the piano.
    I saw the puppet come to life.
    I got a wave and a big grin from Omar at the end.
    I'm happy. :D

19. Chris DeVoe

That's good free verse, but it looks like you were going for a haiku:

Puppet came to life
    Tree went through the piano
    Omar waved. Happy!

theMess and Sammy Waslow like this.
  20. johnnyyen

johnnyyen Senior Member

Wow, it will be a year ago tomorrow since I saw her. DVD would go down a treat this Christmas. ;)

ConnieGuitar and Dr.O'Boogie like this.
  21. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Tree? Puppet? No idea. I was looking at Kate :love:

22. Chris DeVoe

I was stone cold sober, and it was still a sensory overload quite aside from the fact that, as a Kate Bush fan since I saw her on Saturday Night Live back in 1978, I had been waiting to see her live for 36 years. I was a bit keyed up.

36 years is a lot of foreplay.

23. Dr.O'Boogie

You weren't the only one whipped up into a frenzy by the wait,. Even though I had spent that couple of days with her, and chatted with her back in the 80's I'd still never actually heard her sing live.

I remember joking on this thread while I was there waiting for the show to start late "Oh well, 35 years and one hour"...that was how I felt about the delay, it didn't bother me at all after I'd waited all that time since her first tour (I was just too young). I wasn't bothered by a bit more waiting, only the fear that the show would be cancelled.

24. Chris DeVoe

Spent a couple of days with her? Sorry, I've forgotten that story. Feel free to share it again.

Yeah, Vickie was never fully confident that the show wouldn't be canceled right up to the instant Kate appeared on stage.

25. ConnieGuitar

ConnieGuitar Here in my balloon...

To me, that's still the bit that brings the goosebumps right back, a year later!!

Even when I was sitting there, knowing she's coming out on stage, you just couldn't quite believe it but then, there she is - KATE BUSH! - in the flesh. As much of a knock on the head as that was on its own, when she started singing "Lily", it was just like...holy mother...

THERE IS KATE BUSH RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME SINGING!! WITH HER VOICE AND EVERYTHING!!!!!

It was simply indescribable (as you tell from my beautiful prose above!). I think for me it was only once they were deep into A Sky of Honey that the sheer shock and awe of that "OMG, it's Kate!"-feeling finally subsided. I was then just able to relax and bathe in the luxuriousness of the production, which was, as has rightly been said often, phenomenal.

The "OMG" came back full force for "Cloudbusting" though! :D

imarcq, theMess and Dr.O'Boogie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.