Kate Bush - Live shows 2014! (continued)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

yes I've ridden the tube easily 100 times or more, its very handy and I get what you mean...I just know that after my Kate concert experience, which I also hope will be brilliant and full of life, I'd rather float back home to my hotel bed rather anonymously in my own dream bubble rather than take on all that life and brilliance in a mass transit system at that moment in time.

2. ConnieGuitar

ConnieGuitar Here in my balloon...

I've luckily just got a 10-minute walk straight down Hammersmith Grove from the theater to the flat I'm renting... I imagine I will be in complete shock and awe the entire way!

3. mogwai rave

mogwai rave Active Member

That makes sense, was just going to say it is easy, if you had not used it.

4. Dr.O'Boogie

Dr.O'Boogie Forum Resident

I just had to laugh. I'm sure that this will bring back memories of March 28th for many of us.

5. mcd4959

mcd4959 Head in the Clouds

That's hysterical. Thanks for posting.

6. bleachershane

bleachershane Forum Resident

Bit long, but hilarious! And yes, that is how I remember that day. Except in the end I found two tickets and just clicked 'buy'! :wiggle:

7. waldo

waldo Forum Resident

I have my ticket. cannot wait.

8. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

9. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

Ooh, jealous. Details- did you order from Ticketmaster or one of the other sellers? Make any special arrangements, like rush shipping, or can we expect that all orders are going out and it's just a matter of time before the tickets fly across the sea to those of us over here? :D

bleachershane likes this.
  10. johnnyyen

johnnyyen Senior Member

Ha ha. I don't want to go through that ever again.

11. Malina

Malina Forum Resident

theMess, sunspot42 and ConnieGuitar like this.
  12. WDBNYC

WDBNYC Well-Known Member

Very nice of her to give Kate props, but she doesn't sound so great.

13. WDBNYC

WDBNYC Well-Known Member

I used Eventim and chose will call to prevent any heartache. I had a pretty bad experience with TM recently over a very late-arriving ticket. It was a show I had to travel for (in the US, not overseas), and the delay caused me undue stress.

14. TSmithPage

I don't recall being given a choice other than having the ticket mailed by Ticketmaster. I'm fully expecting my stress will mount as the show draws closer as I keep waiting for my ticket.

15. Dr.O'Boogie

I just noticed that Eventim has some hospitality tickets available for several of the dates today. Not cheap but better than giving your cash to the scalpers maybe.

16. bleachershane

bleachershane Forum Resident

Have people received their tickets yet? No sign of mine here and getting a wee bit worried they are lost in the post...

17. Dr.O'Boogie

Nothing for me yet but I'm not really concerned as I've read that this is quite normal for tickets booked so far in advance.

ConnieGuitar and bleachershane like this.
  18. TSmithPage

Yeah, once the folks in England and the other parts of the realm start to receive their tickets, I'll start the watch for my ticket here state side. This is going to be the longest summer ever...

19. Razzle123

Razzle123 Forum Resident

These days I don't expect tickets to arrive until much closer to the event date. A couple of weeks ago I was seeing the Manic Street Preachers on the Monday but didn't get the tickets until the preceeding Friday ... we've got plenty of time before we need to worry!

20. TSmithPage

That small window would worry the Hell out of me. Surely they understand that many of us are coming from other countries for this show. My ticket is for a Tuesday show but i still have to fly all the way there and my flight leaves that Sunday prior. I suspect others aren't cutting at as close as me. I'm disappointed we weren't given the options to print our own or pick up at will call. I don't like being held hostage to the whims of Ticketmaster and the postal services of 2 countries.

bleachershane and johnnyyen like this.
  21. Razzle123

Razzle123 Forum Resident

Yeah, I was worried at that point! That was an exception, but in my experience around a month beforehand is typical ....

22. harmonica98

harmonica98 Senior Member

Ticket dispatch is normally about two-three weeks before the show date. I would be surprised to receive the tickets much before then. Don't panic!

23. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Well I've booked a flight to London and will be there for the whole duration of all the shows.

Thanks to Malaysia Airlines for having a Summer Seat Sale due to the missing MH370 plane putting people off flying with them. Let's hope I don't end up "Under Ice" too lol!

Now all I have to do is persuade my friend to give me his spare ticket, although he has four others wanting it now too :(

ConnieGuitar likes this.
  24. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

they have to give you it just based on your Malasia bravery!!!

imarcq likes this.
  25. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Last night I dreamt of seeing Kate's show:

My girlfriend and I sped down to London during the early evening. My dream starts as we arrive in the venue. This is, however, not the Odeon. It's a mansion house in central London: large, plush, oppulent; the walls are oak panelled, the ceilings are high. Chandaliers illuminate the scene. We race up the wide spiral staircase and, upon reaching the top a strange calm descends over me as I see a lady inspecting tickets. I realise with utter certainty that I've left mine at home. My girlfriend has hers but I know that mine is back in the kitchen, waiting patiently on the table for its owner to gather it up.

As we reach the giant double-doored entrance to the room in which Kate will be playing, I calmly explain to the lady that we have just arrived from a 120-mile journey to discover that my ticket is now 120 miles from me. Would she be able to check the system to confirm that I did actually purchase a ticket? No problem she says and, despite the fact that it is now 10 minutes after the advertised show time, we return back down the stairs. A few minutes later all is sorted: yes, I did buy a ticket and the kindly lady prints me a duplicate, we return upstairs and enter a large but not vast rectangular room.

Again, wood panelling is everywhere. Rows upon rows of plushly upholstered wooden seats line one of the two long sides. To the left, tucked in the corner, is a round table with a full fine china dinner service set out upon it in front of which is a Steinway. I join my girlfriend and, within a matter of minutes, Kate walks out from behind the table and sits at one of its chairs. She looks slender and her hair is scraped back sharply from her forehead and tied tight. Polite, warm applause rings across the room but is cut short when three other ladies join her at the table.

No sooner have they done so than Kate ups and disappears backstage. The ladies remain seated as the sound of Prokofiev's Montagues and Capulets rings out. Behind the table, four dancers appear, dressed in baggy pyjamas, looking akin to clowns. One is in white with red polka dots, one in blue and white stripes. They throw themselves around energetically and my girlfriend - not a Kate fan at all - is excited by the confirmation that she will, at least, be able to witness a spectacular visual feast.

The intro to Prokofiev builds to a crescendo and when it comes to its sudden end, this beautiful, note perfect voice rings out: "I still dream of Organon..." The audience erupts but only briefly, wary of not drowning out the music they've waited patiently all these years to see performed live. "I wake up crying. You're making rain and you're just in reach".

Her voice, perfect. The sound of the instruments likewise. We hear Kate for a several moments without seeing her or any musicians and I begin to wonder whether this isn't a pre-recorded tape. Kate seems to have second-guessed this thought and, as if to answer me, a screen draws back to reveal Kate fronting a band, all crammed onto a tiny stage, with a string quartet to their right, my left.

This time the audience can't remain so polite. As one we stand and applaud. Kate smiles through her singing, embarrassed at all the fuss.

The song continues, weaving the Montagues and Capulets theme in and out of the string arrangement. And it works, you know, it works. It becomes overwhelming, and a realise that I'm crying like a baby. Kate Bush, only yards from me, is singing Cloudbusting. I wake, but not crying.
    --
    And what an amazing dream. Unlike any I've had before. And I really must make sure I have my ticket safely with me before I travel...

NorthNY Mark and mcd4959 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.