Kate Bush - Live shows 2014! (continued)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcd4959

mcd4959 Head in the Clouds

Ok so I'm clearly not the only one dreaming of the shows! I love the story - thanks for sharing. Great imagery - but that's perfect for Ms. Kate, isn't it? She paints a lush sonic landscape with her songs, always very visual to me. Your dream paints a perfect picture.

I've not had quite such a dramatic vision, but I have found myself waking up thinking about Kate Bush, which is a bit odd, but then I remember why and I get happy.

My wife also historically has not been into Kate - loves her voice but never really got into the music. Bless her heart, though, she has asked me to educate her on why I am so obsessed by the music - and has already sat for one day to allow me to take her on the Kate journey. We did a chronological ride from The Kick Inside up to The Sensual World - a few choice cuts off each album. I'm happy to report that she is now starting to get hooked - finally - it's only been 22 years since we got together :cool: We are planning additional days of this education over the summer. I'm also sneaking in "quieter" things like Aerial in the background while we just putter around the house. So maybe your girlfriend might come around.

it is getting exciting - about 2 months away now. Still seems unreal we're actually going to see her sing in person. If I leave my tickets behind I'm in big trouble - flying all the way from Denver. :p

2. johnnyyen

johnnyyen Senior Member

Has anyone heard from a reliable source that the tour is going to Amsterdam and Frankfurt in Spring 2015, or is this just internet nonsense?

3. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Internet nonsense.She is playing 22 dates at the same location specifically because she has no interest in touring, and she'll be able to sleep at home every night.

4. sound chaser

sound chaser Senior Member

5. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

That link should come with a spoiler alert :)

6. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Not necessarily. I can imagine her considering similar residences in other cities next year. I don't think the proximity to her own bed is as important as the fact she's performing at a single venue for a long period at a time giving her a sense of 'home' and meaning she can perform 22-30 shows without having to travel. I, personally, would not be surprised if she did a few residencies next year in other countries, most of which would be very eager to have her perform such a stint after the interest in this years shows.

johnnyyen likes this.
  7. Chris DeVoe

Hey, maybe it's just the cynicism of the very long-time Kate fan. Personally, I don't think I'll really, really believe it's actually happening until I'm seated in the theater and she hits the stage.

I was at the Kate Bush Club convention where she said "We are looking at doing some shows next year..."

In 1990.

Paul H, blackholesun and sunspot42 like this.
  8. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

If she's spending as much money as has been reported, I don't see how she can afford NOT to do a few residencies elsewhere. New York would be an obvious spot, or possibly Los Angeles.

9. AztecChimera

AztecChimera Forum Resident

[​IMG]

sunspot42 likes this.
  10. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

No, but it seems pretty certain that she's going to do 17 dates in Butte, MO in 2015. She has a second cousin who lives in the area, and she wants to combine a visit to see the cousin with performing. She's indicated she'd travel by boat to the US, then probably take Megabus to Butte to keep costs down--which should please her fans.

sunspot42 and ConnieGuitar like this.
  11. belardd

belardd Senior Member

12. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

If this is a serious post, you don't know Kate. She will NEVER play the U.S.

sound chaser likes this.
  13. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Residencies and touring are 2 very different things. Very plausible if her kid is out of school and the London show will almost certainly have her staying at a house near the venue rather her slightly more remote house/studio.

sunspot42 likes this.
  14. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Has Kate ever been to LA?

She did perform on SNL once which was shot in NYC and did some promo visits for interviews in NYC. I don't actually think Stateside shows are 100% out of the question, though unlikely and a gamble by fans expecting that booking.

15. Chris DeVoe

She has been to LA to meet with record industry types, but has never done any promotional work there.

16. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

Never say never. I thought she'd NEVER play again, period...

17. Musicisthebest

Musicisthebest Exiled Yorkshireman

If you're still wondering about going to Portmeirion, I think the best way is to travel to by train to Bangor & catch a taxi (a further 50 minutes). There are direct trains from London Euston to Bangor (journey times 3 hours 10/20 minutes). As another poster pointed out, you're far better off financially to book your train tickets in advance.

18. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

I'm not sure I'll believe it's actually happening even when I'm seated in the theatre and she hits the stage...

19. TSmithPage

Thanks. I think I've found enough things to keep me busy in London that week other than the big show I decided to forego Portmeierion this trip. Maybe next time Kate tours... :)

20. johnnyyen

johnnyyen Senior Member

More likely it would go to Europe, but venues like the Beacon Theatre or Radio City Music Hall would be ideal for a show like this, and I'm sure there would be a lot of interest. Apparently it's costing in the region of £5 million to stage, which would suggest it has a life beyond London, but Monty Python have spent a similar amount and they're calling it a day after ten shows, although they will have played to 200,000 people, as opposed to Kate's 70,000.

21. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

One month away!

22. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Not long to Katemass indeed! I'm there now too :)

23. Chris DeVoe

Check the ticket sites again, tickets have become available again on Eventim this evening.

imarcq likes this.
  24. TSmithPage

Those didn't last long. :) I have a single ticket for the next to last show and would love to see the last show of the series (10/1) while I'm there as well, so let us know if other tix pop up between now and then. :D

I keep checking various sites and I'm surprised by how little there is during the week I'm there in the way of rock shows other than Kate. I guess this is the lull period after the heavy summer touring season for most acts?

25. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

July and August are the big months for major acts and outside festivals. But being London there's always something going on. You could pick up some theatre tickets instead at the half price booths in Leicester Square.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.