Kate Bush Live Shows 2014 *Spoiler* Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by theMess, Aug 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conjotter

conjotter Forum Resident

Wish I could have been there!

I would have been happy to hear and see her sing anything from her body of work.

Perhaps the buzz from these shows will prompt her to re-release Aerial on vinyl, an outstanding and IMHO under-rated record.

2. Cloudbuster

Cloudbuster Forum Resident

I'm of the opinion that Kate simply wanted to do a completely new show, eschewing any songs from her live performances of 1979. I'm also completely happy with her decision. It's probably very unlikely that she decided not to include any songs from her early albums because she doesn't own them.

Dr.O'Boogie and ConnieGuitar like this.
  3. skyjelly

skyjelly Forum Resident

I was just thinking that in all the debate about what she chose to play or not play nobody has yet to mention that one song, "Tawny Moon" isn't even performed by her. Surprised no one is complaining that they paid good money to hear Kate and not her son. That one song might have been at the expense of something off "The Dreaming", "Sensual World", or maybe even "The Kick Inside".

Okay, I'm done fanning flames.:D

Paul H and ippudo like this.
  4. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

If there was ever a thread that was going round in circles....:)

D.B., theMess and ConnieGuitar like this.
  5. Teddy Novaks

Teddy Novaks Forum Resident

I think you're wrong; IIRC the tickets sold out in seven minutes; you needed DEDICATION to get them...

brimuchmuze and TSmithPage like this.
  6. ginchopolis

ginchopolis Forum Resident

Because we KNOW that blocks of tickets are NEVER held and EVERYTHING is available for EVERYONE.

Wake up.

7. ginchopolis

ginchopolis Forum Resident

Lily Allen, Billy Bragg, Boy George, etc. They were all online with you at the same time for the opening show tix, right?

Andy Smith likes this.
  8. People do love beautiful mood music which is what 50 words for snow is. I really love that album as it is so different than the others. You go girl !!!!

skyjelly, sambamaster and Dr.O'Boogie like this.
  9. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

I agree with you. It is just a surprise that it is one of the albums benefitting most from the live shows which do not showcase it.

10. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

I'll get your coat for you then :laugh::wave:

11. manxman

manxman Forum Resident

Yes, not much I can really add to this thread until (or should that be unless?) the DVD comes out.

Maidenpriest likes this.
  12. Cloudbuster

In addition to all of Kate's albums being in the UK top 50 she also has 3 entries on the top 100 singles chart.

#51 Running Up That Hill
    #57 Wuthering Heights
    #80 This Woman's Work

Though it hasn't been confirmed, Michael Ball apparently mentioned on his Radio 2 show that a new album is on the way. It's a good time to be a Kate fan right now. :)

ConnieGuitar likes this.
  13. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

my bet would be a new greatest hits with a couple of new tracks included.

14. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Yeah because The Whole Story ain't that.

15. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

As I mentioned much as I would love to hear a new arrangement of a few of the hits, I would go to a show to hear her current vision first and foremost.

16. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

17. Cloudbuster

It's possible as it has been mentioned a few times. However, during an interview to promote her last album she said she already had ideas for her next one, and that was three years ago. 50 Words For Snow came together fairly quickly for her so maybe she does have one ready to go.

18. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

They will surely want to put out some sort of CD/DVD/Blu Ray package of the live shows before she issues a new studio album?

19. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

Maybe that's the new album...

20. John22

John22 Forum Resident

21. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

I sense that the discussion about what's not in the set is going nowhere. There seems to be little sympathy for anyone who was less than enraptured. Besides which, it's sad that such a remarkable event is only generating negative discourse. So I want to generate some positivity.

The Ninth Wave was wonderful. Hard to pick a favourite bit but I loved the energy in Jig of Life.

22. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Well, dedication or a lot of cash. If you followed the Forum in the month or so before the show, tickets were available intermittently for all shows, including opening and closing nights. While you had to have good timing to get tickets at 145 GBP and below, the "VIP" seats (424 GBP) were fairly easy to purchase, at least for those who were following, AND willing to shell out the cash.

I missed out in the initial public sale, but was able to get two seats in the stalls at the normal price a few weeks ago thanks to the kind folks who posted alerts on this Forum.

23. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

24. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

What intrigues me is who is buying her CDs. Surely not the uber fans who've been at the gigs.,

25. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

I missed out in the initial public sale, but was able to get two seats in the stalls at the normal price a few weeks ago thanks to the kind folks who posted alerts on this Forum.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. :) Enjoy the show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.