Keeping SACD as a "Dedicated 'High End Audiophile' Format

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Khorn, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgb

sgb Senior Member

Well, not exactly, KHorn. As I recollect, Thomas Alva Edison invented the phonograph long before the advent of record labels that catered to audiophiles.

2. Gary Freed

Gary Freed Forum Resident

I agree with sgb.

AP has a feel for the market.
    AP is tied in with Acoustic Sounds which is also an online retailer for other Record Labels. Chad seems to be a very savy businessman . He also has his own Record Label with his own recording studio.

So Analogue Productions sales is just a part of the overall mix. This way
    all the eggs aren't in the same basket so to speak.

My take is that AP doesn't necessarily need to distribute product to Best Buy in order to sell SACD's.

3. The Cellar

The Cellar New Member

And besides, hi-rez audio is still not ripe for marketing to the general public. It's confusing enough to keep up with all the new acronyms, and THEN if you make the jump and buy a DVD-A and/or SACD player, you have to deal with tricky cable connections, bass management adjustments, speaker-distance compensation, speaker-size settings, and so on. Universal players and i.Link connectors are a step in the right direction, but these are just beginning to emerge.

Yes! We obsessive types may not mind double-dipping when a hi-rez version comes out later, but I'm willing to bet most other people would.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.