KEF LS50 Wireless & Roon

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by TeflonScoundrel, Oct 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeflonScoundrel

TeflonScoundrel Forum Resident Thread Starter

For anyone interested, it’s now possible to stream audio from Roon directly to the LS50 Wireless.

You need the latest firmware (version 1.1.4) for the LS50W and the newest version of Roon (version 1.3, build 269) and you can then add the LS50W as an endpoint for Roon.

I had a brief panic moment during the LS50W firmware update where it said the update was complete, but the speakers stopped responding for a while. Restarting the firmware update over again sorted out the problem.

It’s working beautifully.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  2. GoldprintAudio

GoldprintAudio Forum Resident

Not had a chance to put the new firmware on my demo LS50W's yet, but glad to hear that it's working great for you!

TeflonScoundrel likes this.
  3. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident

Can the LS50 down load and play DSD? We tried a few weeks ago to see if it would do DSD files and we had to reset it each and every time. So we bye passed it into a DAC...then we could hear the DSD.

4. TeflonScoundrel

To my knowledge, they don’t do DSD, but if you are using Roon, you can have Roon convert it on the fly to PCM. I just tried it and it seems to work fine.

Slippers-on likes this.
  5. SquishySounds

SquishySounds Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.

Roon? Is there another music streaming service?

6. TeflonScoundrel

Roon isn’t a streaming service, it plays and organizes your music, including Tidal and local networked music. It does a lot more than that too, but that’s the basic functionality.

canali likes this.
  7. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident

We did hi rez PCM just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.